Advent AW770 Headphones

ADVENT 900MHz DELUXE

Submitted by alonz929 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great value for the $60 that I paid for them. Very surprising sound output, although not perfect. The slight hiss of the FM reception taints the overall quality of the music, but it's certainly nothing to fuss about.

Purchased At:   Xocute.com

Submitted by bgodkin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am very impressed at the range and performance of these headphones. I have been using heaphones alot for the last 5 years as I work nights and my family is asleep when I am awake. This s the first pair of cordless I have owned and will definatly be using them alot. I would definatly recommend them to anyone.

Purchased At:   Ebay, New in Box

Submitted by PScooter63 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I would not pay much more for these... great lows, but highs are only a little better than commerical FM stations. These fill the bill nicely for at-work or television listening, but for critical applications, I would look elsewhere.

FYI, the audio level threshold light on the front of the transmitter seems to light at 0dB. If you follow the printed instructions and set the output level so that the light flickers 50% of the time, you WILL get input distortion. I adjusted mine to flicker only slightly at maximum input volume.

As long as your expectations are not audiophile-level, and you're not paying full price for them ($100), you should be quite satisfied. I certainly am so far.

Purchased At:   KCUSA Computer, via