Creek Audio OBH-21SE Headphone Amplifiers

OBH-21SE Headphone Amplifier
  • Special Edition compact headphone amplifier
  • Premium parts used throughout construction
  • High-current, low-noise OBH-2 external power supply
  • Accommodates two pairs of headphones
  • For line-level input from CD players, preamps, etc.
  • High-quality front-panel volume control
  • Two high-quality front-panel headphone jacks
  • Rear-panel RCA jack input (x 1) and output (x 1)
  • Rear-panel on/off switch
  • Front-panel power indication LED
  • Metal chassis with stylish aluminum front panel with a silver finish

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Stevenk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2008

Bottom Line:
    This new unit has been running for 40 hours now and its beginning to sound very lush, fluid like smooth yet very revealing and sound decays surprising more present when comparing to other standard pre-amp sockets I've heard. This Amp is super dead quite with the deepest blackest noise floor.

Its powering my Sennheiser HD 595 mostly in the evening when little people sleep and so this amp is a perfect addition. It keeps up to my speakers and power amps very well. My new Classé equipment doesn't have a socket and so its connected using a spare set of dhlabs wires during the breakin but I have tried using Oyaide Pa02 and DIY Silvers with better results. All Progold treated. The volume is set at ¼ for the HD 595 and more like ½ for my old affordable HD 43? Sennheisers. The amp has a very big energy reserve. When the power plug was pulled out of the back, it played for many seconds after. Simple minimalist design. Truely a bargain for me considering the unexpected improvements.

Purchased At:   Take5online

Submitted by Fergymunster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
    This amp is a perfect addition to my current system.I have it hook up to CA azur 640c v1 using king cobra interconnects running my Sennheiser HD 650 with the Cardas cable upgrade.Mind you it took quite some time before my system was able to reveal it's full potential.This amp is well built and dead quite.Pure,clean sound radiating from this amp.It also has two jacks on the front where each one produces a different sound.My Sennheiser HD 650 sounds absolutely amazing and depending on what type of music I'm listening to I can try each jack to get the best results.Also more than enough power to drive any headphone as I only need to set the volume less than half way.Truely a bargain and a great alternative to those much more expensive class A amps out there.

Purchased At:   Musicdirect

Submitted by DMolisher a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
    Although I didn't do much in the way of headphone amp comparos, this one sounds better than anything I'd heard before, including my $5K Anthem Statement D1 preamp-processor's headphone output (despite Anthem's bragging about it).

Basically, I needed a headphone amp for my bedroom system since neither my Bel Canto Evo2i nor my Audio Refinement Complete integrated amp before it had a headhpone jack, in contrast to my former NAD C320BEE.

This unit worked as advertised :) And, happily, my headphone listening (with a modified Music Hall Maverick source) is now better in the bedroom than even in my main system (modified Denon DVD-2900 and Anthem Statement D1 front end).

This little amp is nice looking as well, in contrast to most cheaper (and even some more expensive) offerings. Not sure how it compares with Musical Fidelity's slightly more expensive unit, though...

Purchased At:   Music Direct DEMO