Sennheiser LX 70 SPORT Earbuds Earphones

Sports oriented earbud headphones utilising water and sweat resistant materials.

Submitted by cameronr a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2007

Bottom Line:
These are actually a 2007 model, but the dropdown list only allowed me to enter 2006.

Within seconds of listening to these through a Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 player I became aware that something was wrong. No bass, and tinny sound in comparison to the excellent stock headphones that come with the Samsung.

After few minutes of moving the headphones around I discovered that acceptable sound *was* obtainable but with the neck cable positioned across my forehead, not a good look in the gym. At this point I should explain that these phones use a semi-stiff metal cable to connect one phone to the other, in contrast to the soft flexi cable more commonly found on ear bud phones. This means that tailoring the fit to your head/ears is nigh impossible, as the cable prefers to remain in the shape it came from the factory.

Resigned to the fact they were never going to sound even half decent in the factory shape, I proceeded to twist the cable with brute strength to see if I could mould it to my head shape. 2 frustrating hours later I concluded this is a mug's game.

At the time of writing I'm feeling rather disappointed, and suspecting that my A$50 is beyond reclaim, because the phones arent actually faulty, they just suffer from abysmal design, which given my previous experience with Sennheiser is kind of surprising.

So I settled for writing this frank review in the hope it may give someone else pause before wasting their money. Unfortunately I could not try these before purchase but since I have owned and loved Sennheisers for years, I did not expect to encounter this sort of problem. oh well, its cheaper than wasting $7000 on a CD player only to find it sounds little different to a $1000 model hehehe.

They are cheap enough so get 2 stars for value, but for performance, if I could give them zero, I would.

Purchased At:   streetwise.com.au