Yamaha NS-777
Description: High sensitivity and wide dynamic range for contemporary digital sources .Waveguide horn allows the sound field to be shaped and controlled for optimal spatial expression in home theater environments. <ul> <li>High sensitivity and wide dynamic range for contemporary digital sources</li> <li>Waveguide horn allows the sound field to be shaped and controlled for optimal spatial expression in home theater environments</li> <li>Polymer-injected Mica Diaphragm cone woofer combines high-performance materials and design for extreme accuracy</li> <li>Highest quality internal Monster Cable wiring</li> <li>High frequency response dome tweeter delivers clear, natural highs</li> <li>Bi-wiring connectivity</li> <li>Beautiful Yamaha piano finish with elegant elliptical form</li> </ul>

Submitted by William a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
Yamaha. What can we say about the yamaha recievers? They are fabulous!!! Everyone knows that yamaha had built a great reputation based on their receivers. Many of us scream " Yamaha !!! " at those who use Denon, and Kenwood receivers. But since the time has evolved, so had the yamaha, with their new floor speaker, called.... " Yamaha NS-777 ".
I will consider myself a speakerphile; the way the speakers look, sound and provide that nice pleasure to your ears, is something I cherish, value and enjoy! I believe that each speaker has it's own personality. I believe that there is no such thing as a bad speaker or the best speaker. Everyone has their tastes, their preference and their style. With all kinds of speakers built around the globe, you can definitely find the one that you love.
( The Story ) - The very first thing that had attracted me to these yamaha's, was the amazing design. Shiny gloss reflective and smooth texture, is an eyegasm for anyone staring at these. This type of design makes them completely presentable to anyone and can blow anyones mind with how stunning they look!!!!
Setting these speakers up and trying a few songs, had made my smile twich to a frown with each click of the " skip " button on my mp3 player. Some songs sounded great through these, while others were just horrible!! I must say, I had come to a dissapointed state with these, and just began believing that maybe it's just the BRAND that is brainwashing the consumers into saying these are the best. However, that was not the case after I found out the small detail that i have found out. ( Small Detail ) One of the features, that probably not all of us know about yamaha, is that this company provides a product which many of us doubt after listening to it. Going to the Yamaha website itself, they have provided a description about their speakers. The way they made their speakers was that, whatever source you have, that is what you are going to hear. In other words, there is no coloring or optimization sound, what you give is what you are going to get.
( Auditioning ) I enjoy various styles of music, and I have tried artists like Breaking Benjamin, Enya, Andrea Bocelli, Delerium, Yanni, Libera, and many many other genres. I was quite pleased with all of these.
Some do say that these speakers lack bass, I believe otherwise. Bass if tight and defined, mids are well present and the highs are shiny in a comfortable sense. Having these in a small room, isn't the best idea because they don't sound as open as they would in a good sized living room. One of the features that are quite well thought through, is the bass port. There are 2 bass ports located in the rear of each speaker, and IMHO, i believe that this allows the bass to travel from the wall and unto the floor much easier. Therefore allowing the listener to experience a deeper bass extension. No need to worry though on how far you should set these speakers from the wall, since the feet that are located on the bottom, provide a measuring distance.

Overall, I'm very happy with these speakers!!! To me, they sound great, and provide a wonderful frequency range. If you are someone who enjoys auditioning/owning good speakers, and you are very open minded, I would recommend these to you. Sure the popular phrase " You get what you pay for " travels around everywhere. But you should listen to yourself, and think " Does the price really define my reaction to this product? Or should I have a listen first, and be blind to the cost? "

I'm looking forward to reviewing these speakers and posting it up on youtube, in a week from now. Check it out, and let me know what you think.

Submitted by Maggymortis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2009

Bottom Line:
Been using these speakers for more then a year. So here's my list of pros and cons. I've been using them as front speakers in my surround system. But I've also used them in stereo.

Good things:
1) Sound is pretty crisp. I especially love the to hear classical music on these speakers. The sound is very authentic.
2) The value for money is great. These speakers are cheap.
3) They are God Damn Beautiful!
4) The Authentic is pretty damn good for movies. Still can't compete with a good sub-woofer though.

Bad Things
1) Deeper tones/lower frequency range is a bit too low for my liking. They are not great for listening to rock. However, I haven't tried them with a proper Stereo amplifier yet, and my Denon 1907 surround receiver doesn't allow me to set the sound "on the fly". I hate fiddling with the settings in various sub-menus everytime I change my listening desires.
2) The piano finish looks great. But don't forget you have to clean it all the time. It's very susceptible to dust, greasy fingers and wet doggy noses :D

All in all:
Great cheap starter set. The lower frequencies needs a bit of a boosting. But a good sub can help on that. I at least am very happy with mine.

Submitted by dennism a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
Using it with a Yamaha RX-797 stereo receiver, coupled to a Sony player and Yamaha EQ-70 equalizer. I am really impressed with the way the speakers put out sound, deep yet crisp covers good frequency range. The piano gloss finish is very classy and elegant. A very good buy for the price.

Submitted by McKulit a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
I'll be brief with my review and I will not go through the technical details. This review is solely based on my personal tests.

1. Use the Bi-Wiring feature to increase clarity on mid and high response.

2. I compensated the lack of bass with one Yamaha 250 watt subwoofer on each side (L&R main).

3. Definitely a steal for the price.

4. Awesome for home theater application. In Yamaha's website this is clearly defined as a home theater speaker anyway.

5. OK to moderate for music application. The addition of two Yamaha subs increased the overall body of the music.

To sum it up. Grab it while you can. This baby is an excellent home theater speaker.

Purchased At:   BHPhotoVideo.com

Submitted by jcgiokat@msn.com a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
well let me say that i got these a couple of years ago and i loved them alot i always said to my self 200 each that was very cheap for such great looking speaker the piano finish is outstanding and they sound great you need a sub it is a must anyways they ara large but good if you have the space . well went to best vbuy last year and seen the one sale for 175 a pair .well they look good but dont sound better than they look .

Purchased At:   bestbuy