Yamaha NS-555
Description: Yamaha's NS-555 speaker system has been designed specifically for home theater applications. The floor standing speaker is a bass-reflex design that can be used for main channels and incorporates a pair of 6 1/4 Polymer-Injected Mica Diaphragm (PMD) cone woofers, a 5 midrange cone driver and a 1 aluminum dome tweeter. For improved imaging, the midrange and tweeter utilize Yamaha's exclusive waveguide horns. <ul> <li>Dual 6 1/4" Polymer Injected Mica Diaphragm (PMD) woofers</li> <li>5" cone midrange</li> <li>1" Aluminum dome tweeter</li> <li>Midrange and Tweeter use Waveguide Horn for better imaging</li> <li>Internally Wired With Monster Cable--ensures a clean, clear signal from the crossover network to the speaker driver</li> <li>Magnetic Shielding</li> <li>Speaker Stand included</li> <li>Bi-Wiring Capability</li> <li>Black piano finish</li> <li>Grille design</li> </ul>

Submitted by nolicorpuz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have owned this pair speakers for three years now. I am very happy with its performance with two channel music listening or as a home theater speaker. The first time I saw the speakers without grilles from the box, I was stunnned by their appearance, as if they costs more than a thousand dollars. At the time of purchase, no speakers in the shop costing more than these apeakers look more beautiful than the pair of yamaha ns 555 speakers. By the way, I purcahsed these apeakers for around 450 dollars (Php 25000.00). By just its appearance and looks, I believe it is already a winner not to mention that it is also the champion for its money value. I first hooked up these apeakers to a yamaha rxv 457 and I have notice immediately it tonal balance using two channel stereo music. After using it for two weeks, I noticed that its sound even become smoother and crisper. Its sound is very balance from the low end to the high end. Its sound is as clear as crystals with no emphasis in a certain frequency. When I replaced my aging rxv 457 (a very av receiver also) with the updated denon avr 1911, the speakers even sounded better, be it ht or two channel stereo. As a home theater speakers, they sounded very dyanamicwithout distortion and also very natural. This pair of speakers can match more expensive speakers that cost three or four times. These speakers are highly recommended for those looking for an excellent speaker with an entry level price.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Earl a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have come from Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SEs to the Yamahas...The Dynaudios are better in every possible way, bass, mids and treble. That said, the NS-555s are a darn good speaker for the money! They do not compare to $3500.00 speakers but you will be hard pressed to find a better speaker for less than $1000.00/pr new. They are not offensive in any way, though they will not grab your attention like the very best speakers. I believe that the Yamahas represent a fantastic value...I recommend them very highly. They do not have the bloated bass that is the norm in inexpensive speakers, also the treble is decent without being overbearing. These are worth every penny of $500.00/pr...and then some! The NS-555s are not world beaters, but you could spend much more on speakers and do far worse. They are clean, accurate and inexpensive...Try a pair, they are a fine introduction to the high end sound!

Submitted by Martin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
Surprisingly good sound for the price! I plugged them to Yamaha receiver using bi-wiring and this config proved perfect for stereo listening. I can only recommend these speakers - nice finish and even better sound.

Submitted by Luckyskip19 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
Okay, I have owned these speakers for 2 years now.
I love them!!! You can find them now anywhere from $180-$250 each.
I got them for $450 new(taxes,shipping)
When they arrived at my door and opened them up I was "WOW!!!!"
my friend that was over even said "what the @#$%" just when i took them out of the boxes.
They are solid! Beautiful and sexy. I then hooked them up to my DENON receiver Bi-wired with just a 75 watt per ch. And oh my god! They sound just as good as they look! The Highs were crisp and the lows were deep and tight. i started with a few break-in tracks with low-freq to open them up. I then tried different movies with excellent sound effects like Transformers, Star wars, Cars, and Iron Man etc.. Brilliant! Clean sound. NO need for a sub. This set does everything. I also played a variety of music (rock, classic, hip-hop, jazz, country, acoustic etc.) all genres of music were absolutely amazing! After hearing these i would have paid more than asked. i went on a limb buying these, but after taking the leap i felt like i got away with a crime. To me and others that have heard them, they were a steal! If you can get your hands on these take it without looking back! you won't be disappointed!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
Awesome speaker with great tonnal balance when i listen to music i always run my reciever on pure direct and the clearity is awesome. The Bi-Wire capibility is great and is being used,and dont use my sub. Speaker placement is about a foot and a half from the wall with my chair eight feet from speaker. Only bad thing is like everyone says the DUST lol but dont let that keep u from buying them. I install A/V systems regularly and have yet to hear a speaker as good, even for three and four times the money including boston,energy,B&W,or phase tecnoligy. Hope this helps anyone who's looking to possibly buy these great speakers.

Product model year:   2009