Totem Acoustic Mani-2

Submitted by chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2013

Bottom Line:
best bookshelf ever here..cost me 2000$ not the signature..neutral speakers Liquid-smooth you can linsen for long time without to be tired. great bass.deliver bass you'd never expect from small speakers... Soundstage does seem to be a little narrower, what expect from bookshelf speakers

Submitted by glman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2006

Bottom Line:
The model year is 2005. The Mani 2 Signatures are a distinct upgrade to the original Mani's. The subtle blue dot above the tweeter indicates the Signature's. This is a dynamic, very emotionally palpable speaker the will take you way into the music. Overwhelming in its impact. Replaced B&W 805's...good speakers...but these are on a more powerful dynamic level. With a good tube preamp and a powerful solid state amp they are just jaw-dropping in their immediate musicality. Detail to die for, and a presence that is just unheard of. Vince knows how to make a speaker that breathes music and is just so alive. I sold Spendor S8e's for these which I found good but just not alive with the music. Good tube preamps with good 6sn7 tubes are a special plus with these. I love watching people when they first hear them...a treat in itself. Music is so new again.

Purchased At:   Totem Direct

Submitted by teikinas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
I got to be honest with you, I did not care for these speakers. I thought that they were a little dark. You better have a real expensive amp to drive these babies. I rather have a different pair of speakers, and use that money on a other parts of my system.

Price Paid:    $20000.00

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by joper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is an update to my 1999 review. I recently purchased a Rowland system, having owned ML, Pass, CJ., etc.. My system opened up to another level. Componants need to be quality matched. I have been in stereo since the 50's and this is the best system I have ever owned and I've listened to hundreds of combos. Having been involved in the recording industry, I've learned that each of us has our own musical ears therefore personal prejudice always comes into play. In any case, to my ears, the Mani-2s and Rowland system are pure magic, wires and other componants notwithstanding.

Price Paid:    $2000.00