Thiel CS1.5

Submitted by walterdwilliams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
Excellent world class sound. Mated to a NAD 272, 162 and 542 CD player. Sound can be satisfactory to unbelievable. I am convinced thae quality of the recording has as much to do with the quality of sound as almost anything. Dina Krall and Sarah Mclauchlin sound amazing, U2 sounds OK. Highly recommend.

Purchased At:   Demo

Submitted by Waltman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have these connected to a NAD C162,C272, and a C542 Cd player. My experience can range from satisfactory to unbelievable. I believe that the quality of production in the music recording has an infinite impact on the musical experience. Diana Krall and Sarah McLauchlin sound to die for, U2 is pretty average. When these Thiels are connected to a even a decent music system, the detail and soundstage alone make them world class. It helps to listen to well done music.

Purchased At:   Demo

Submitted by P de Haan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought my thiel cs 1.5 loudspeakers just a view months ago. Before these I was owner of cs 1.2s for a view jears. I have used a lot of different loudspeaker brands so far. So I have some experiënce with thiel.This said I can honestly tell you that Thiels sound bad, when in the wrong hands and minds. They are precise and let you know whats happening right away.When you are unable to try them with a variety of equitment, a mismatch is around the corner. They are just as delicate as much more expensive hi-end, that just cant be hookt up without careful selection, trail and error, experiënce, using products with the same quality standards (recordings). Talking only rubbisch aubout these speakers is simply to simple. My experiënces with thiel speakers are beautiful and verry bad. Trail and error. In the end I vind miself having hi-end sound within the dynamic limitations of a small loudspeaker. I use audioresearch vt 60, a passive pre-(amp) and a 100 euro seconthand thirteen jeers old Phillips CD player, with minor modifications.

Price Paid:    $1999.00

Purchased At:   Studio107 netherland

Submitted by Karl von Schriltz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
My CS1.5 speakers have delivered incomparable performance in the rather tight confines of my living room. I wouldn't say these speakers are bright so much as accurate and revealing, if positioned correctly in the room. It also helps to sit near the "sweetspot" between the speakers, and to connect them to top notch equipment. I've got a McIntosh MA6500 integrated amp and an MCD205 cd changer, warming up the sound considerably, all connected with Cardas cables. I listen primarily to rock music, and bass, though not booming, hasn't been a problem. I honestly cannot believe the lousy reviews the CS1.5 has received on this website. These cranks must have either mispositioned the speakers, or connected their Theils to Chinese electronics purchased from Best Buy.

Purchased At:   JS Audio

Submitted by Studio54 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I listen to these at a dealer for awhile.The assiocated equipment was adcoms 5802,750 preamp and a Adcom cd player don't remeber the model.My first impressions were detail,detail,detail.But after awhile I kept getting the urge to get up and leave the room.These speakers make me feel like I have eaten a box of saltine crackers and there is no water for miles around!I have never heard a speaker so dry without emotion like Thiels.I can't figure out what is so special about these speakers.Thiels remind me of bose, people assume these speakers are so good because they are plastered in every HiFi magazine on earth.Maybe I need to start building the best ear bleeders I can and charge large amounts of money for them.All while spending millions on advertisements.I think it will work.Hey it worked for Bose and Thiel.I thought I would never say this but even Paradigms speakers sound smooth compared to these.