Technics SB-LX50
Description: Large bookshelf speakers

Submitted by accdemccj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
estas bocinas las compre principalmente por la marca yo pense que era buena posiblemente en aparatos sea magnifica pero en cuanto a bocinas , apestan son grandes tienen un sonido muy malo y practicamente estoy trarando de venderlas desde la primer semana que las compre.
unas bocinas de un tamaño mucho menor pueden hacer lo mismo o hasta mucho mas , no las recomiendo

Purchased At:   2000

Submitted by Neelesh a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am pretty satisfied with these speakers, I run them through a Bang & Olufsen BeoCenter 7007 in a second room. The other speakers are run through an Onkyo receiver. These speakers are pretty good because my house has a somewhat open floorplan and they are in the living room, and it is nice to hear them in the kitchen while cooking. I would probably have bought smaller speakers if I knew they would end up in the living room, but they were initially used with a TV. I would consider speakers with binding posts, it will be easier on your speaker wires, but I don't know if you'll find them at tprice

Purchased At:   Rex

Submitted by Gregory Rose a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of SB-LX50's for about $80 at a Panasonic outlet store in Chicago. I use them with a Denon AVR-900 receiver. They are good speakers for the price. I am most impressed by their range, they seem to reflect the highs and lows well... They are definitely a lower grade speaker however, and the sound is "muddy" and not very distinct. I am planning on upgrading, but until then these speakers will do.

If you are looking for value check these speakers out... but definitely listen to others before you buy.

Submitted by Bryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well, these are the first real speakers I got, when I was in high school I picked them up for $150 and thought they were great speakers! Now I'm older and wiser and have listened to a lot of speakers, and surprisingly these still sound decent today. They went to the dorm with me and rocked pretty good, and even now I'm use them as I shop for new speakers. I have them hooked up to very good electronics, a Rotel HDCD player and Rotel 100x2 integrated amp, and surprisingly they hold their own and put out good bass, and an overall decent sound at good volumes. These have really lasted and I've beaten the hell out of them for years, so I'm surprised they still sound decent. If you are looking for a decent stereo and are on a tight budget I would not hesitate to pick these up for under $150, but if possible invest in a decent amp/receiver. I had these hooked up to a Pioneer receiver and they sounded harsh and horrible, now hooked up to Rotel they are listenable. Great for the price, and overall a fairly musical and listenable speaker that will last. Great for high school and college dorm rooms, or perhaps for a bedroom or garage system that doesn't need to sound perfect.

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
I dont know how anyone could think that these are bad speakers. I have an old pioneer receiver that sounds great, a sony discman for my cd player, and these speakers. Thats all i have for my stereo and i am very happy with all of this. The sound that you can get out of these speakers with a good receiver and cd player is incredible. My cd player isnt even very good, i need to get a REAL cd player, and im STILL vey happy with my system. These speakers can handle a lot of bass, and it sounds good too. Very impressive for not being subwoofers. But thats not all that is good about these speakers. The highs and mids sound very realistic. I think that the tweeters could be a little smoother, but overall they sound good. The mid's sound very good, the vocals are very smooth and accurate. Everything is sounds very accurate and clean. You can't complain too much about these, they only cost about 99 bucks and they sound THIS good. Ive had them for over a year and they're still playin strong. I reccommend them to anyone that lieks good speakers for cheap. Even people that only listen to high end stuff know that these are still very good speakers for their price range. They'll play pretty damn loud too. The bad thing is, if you try to play them TOO loud they start sounding bad, but thats expected for 99 bucks! Great value. 4 stars just because there IS better.