Tannoy S8

Submitted by Ricardo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2015

Bottom Line:
These Tannoy S8's are fabulous! Very big and powerfull bass, a clear midrange and an easy treble. Exellent focus on imaging! These speakers are neutral en very detailled.
I use an Arcam A80 an CD73 Arcam cd player.
I have owned the Tannoy System 800's but there are much more powerfull. I also owned the Paradigm monitor 7v4 wich is much more bright. There are more neutral and easy listening.

Great value!!!

Submitted by Mike Boniface a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
I started to put together a 2 channel system around a McIntosh MC7270 that I found for pretty cheap and stumbled upon these speakers.

A friend I work with also does high end stereo/HT installs on the side. He said he had a pair of these and a S8C all NIB on his shelf collecting dust and would part with them for $500. How could I say no?

First impression wasn't much of a good one. They need a long break in, at least 20 hours to sound decent, and appear to be fully broken in around 100.

Once broken in, they will incredible. Very clear and neutral, tight and accurate bass, excellent sound stage. Unless it's a upgrade to the S10, I don't see myself getting rid of these anytime soon, they're keepers!

Purchased At:   N.O.S. from high end

Submitted by Mike Boniface a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2007

Purchased At:   N.O.S. from high end

Submitted by alan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
Great speakers for the price I got them at. I used them for my HT and music listening and sound really well. Great deep bass with its 8" driver and really clean sound. I can even watch moives without a sub and still have great bass. Even tho I'm just using a HT receiver, still sound really well for music. I bet it can sound much better and warmer on tube amps.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by travk13 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
beautiful!!!!!!!
greatest sound ever .. .. vocals imaging wow.. for the $ nothing comes close .. must .. bi wire .. i use a adcom 545 and wow .. amzing .. since grabbing a set of mx1 m bookshelves i thought tannoy was worth giving a shot .. oh wow .. they were awesome then grabbed a dc06 center channel .and was tickled pink no goin dc tannoy s all around in one of my main listening rooms .... tannoy has given me something ive searched for years .. at a reasonable cost..