Tannoy S10
Description: Dual-Concentric 10in and 10in bass

Submitted by shakeer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
Hai iam from kuwait iam using thies product more than two years amazing sonic performer allrounder,i run thies speaker amp ,marantz pm 11 s2 two numbers mono, mono
super cd , denon 1510. interconnector chord anthem 2, speaker cable chord signature,
wonderfull speaker when use proper. purchasrse and enjoy music

Submitted by robertocavalli a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2008

Bottom Line:
Finally, I could find a nos pair. Tannoy DC is a really great success for the speaker history. I have used many speaker before. These are like nothing. They play fantastic all kind of good recorded music. Classical jazz rock new age, etc.. whatever you wanna listen...

Purchased At:   grande musica

Submitted by noyan akdulun a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
Incredible good sounding beautiful loudspeakers. Very suitable for tube amplifiers(93db sensivity). I am listening them with my GM70 SET Class A1 tube amp. Very lovely and loud sound.

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by Noyan Akdulun a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was looking for Tannoy Saturn S8 for upto 1000 Euros. By the chance recently i found in excellent condition S10 loudspeakers for 1400 Euros and did not hesitate to buy them. Actualy i did not listen them until I buy them. I had only read the comments of the people. After listening by tube amplifier in home: Wow! What an amazing loud, open and sweet sound! Orchestra like playing in front of me. I haven't listen such big bass before. Incredible thing is for me, unlike other loudspeakers Tannoys are giving very deep bass but very controlled. I am really totaly satisfied with them. I am listening jazz, folk and vocal musics. I strongly offer you to buy them.

Purchased At:   secondhand

Submitted by KWak22 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
Purchased these as an upgrade to smaller tannoy speakers that I had damaged by running too much power through them (ok I melted them). The speakers require careful matching to the amplification and signal sources and it took me quite a while to place them with a rotel pre / power combination. I saw other reviews where they complained of lack of definition of mid-range but that is more than likely the amplification than the speakers themselves as I don't see this on my system (and if you have a graphic equalizer then well...) I now have a full Tannoy home cinema system based around the S10's and wouldn't change them for the world. The bass extension is huge and sometimes opressive but again it all depends on the source. MTV from my digital satalite reviever can sound quite tinny on my system but the same track played on DVD is miles better and even better on my CD player. With equipment of this quality all the components need careful matching and these speakers demand attention to detail in that respect. If you want big speakers to play pop/rock at huge volumes then these are great right out of the box with any system with the juice to drive them. If you want to listen to classical or choral music then build your system to suit your taste and review these speakers as you would any others. Personally I like the sound I have - a friend of mine hates it with a passion as he likes a different sound. For me the speakers are too big, too heavy and were way too expensive... but I love em anyway!

Purchased At:   off the web