Rogue Audio cronus
Description: 55 watt vacuum tube integrated amplifier

Submitted by Don a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
Since the other reviewers have pretty much hit the nail on the head, I will just tell you that after 30 years of average solid state gear from Rotel and NAD, this purchase was quite a surprise. I'm not going to knock NAD because as far as I'm concerned, NAD is some very nice sounding solid state gear at very reasonable prices. I think Rotel is the worst sounding junk I've ever abused my ears with. The Rogue Cronus (I have the Magnum) is simply amazing with all music. Very smooth mids, sweet highs, extended bass. The music just floats in the air. Huge soundstage compared to anything I've ever had in my house.

Customer service is the best I've ever received from any other company in my lifetime. This is the best deal in audio today. I love this amp and I love Rogue. I'm so glad I didn't waste a lot more money on something that can't best this amp. You'd have to spend three times as much money to best this amp.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by deadsexy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
Coming from a Naim 5 series rig, there has been a marked difference in the type of sound being reproduced. I find that 55watts with most 90db + speakers is sufficient, and certainly is plenty with my Klipsch rf25's. After about 150 hours of breakin time, the amp realy started to show it's strengths of being big sounding whilst still capturing the nice sublteties that you'd expect from a quality valve amp.
These include a nice sparkle on top, a sweet richness in the midband, and a full sounding bass. One of the beggest surprises here was the Cronus's ability to do pace and rythm, which despite what you may believe is not excluse to Naim; This is an amp that can do all music styles without appologie. THis has proven to be a real good amp from new, but when I changed the input tubes to Groove Tubes things really transformed into somthing wonderful.
All in all, this is an excellent product.

Purchased At:   local dealer