PSB Speakers 800
Description: Black finish, 2 woofers and a tweeter

Submitted by RocknRog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2013

Bottom Line:
Been a PSB fan for close to 30 years,and the 800 are my favorites.I never heard of the 800 though,bought them from the original owner.And i stopped buying other brands as soon as i heard the first song that came out of them.Full body sound, great bass, mids and highs are quite pleasing to my ears.Your can hear every instrument being played great for blues, jazz, country,but can play heavy music quite well also.You wont find that the bass is overbearing or that the highs are ear piercing.Its even across the board.Well worth the 150.00 dollars i paid.

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
My 800's have been quite good to me. However they lack the substantial bass response that I was looking for. They were the first speakers that I ever bought though so I was a little green when it came to stereo hardware. They are a good match with my Cerwin Vega At15's that I know have. I managed to blow one of the woofers without a great deal of trouble. The volume wasn't even above 5. They r supposed to be able to handle much more than the 110 watts I was powering them with. Oh well. PSB claims that their two smaller woofer per speaker design is equal to one large woofer per speaker. I don't know if I believe that or not as my AT15's can easily outperform them.

Purchased At:   Krazy Kiley's (price is in canadian dollars)

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers for more than a year now and I love them more and more every time I listen to them. They are practically identical to the PSB 800i's, except they're the older model. They sound fantastic, and they're definitely worth the money, with a MSRP of $800.