ProAc Future 1
Description: 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker. Bass Driver: ProAc seven inch carbon fibre unit. Midrange: Five inch prolypropylene cone exclusive to ProAc. Tweeter: Ribbon tweeter to ProAc specification.

Submitted by unclemark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
Crisp clear music from a small speaker. Mine are the bookshelf tablettes. I never heard such good sound from a speaker as small as these.

Purchased At:   shellys audio

Submitted by Armand a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are absolutely fantastic. The Future 1 have had some not too good reports from the press, but that has to to with the break-in period. After 100 hrs they sounded good, but after 200 hrs I promise they sounded much better.
Everything opened up and I am amazed about what these speakers reproduce.

I have previously had the ProAc Response 2.5 which I also liked a lot, but these are far better in every area. What you typically would mention first about the Future 1 is their glorious midrange and highs. But I have also found that I more and more have noticed how good the bass respone is. It is very fast and detailed, yet in perfect harmony with the rest of the music.

I have also compared the Future 1's to Avanti III which can seem more impressive and play with more authority, but when it comes to music, which should be the overall goal (!), I will without hesitation prefer the ProAc Future 1, except you only listen to rock music.

My highest recommendations!

Submitted by Oscar Montaldi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bougth Future one after two suffering years with B&W Nautilus 802. From 1999 till now I try to do everything in vain, the only things wrong in my house was B&W loudspeakers.
I'm very happy of my choise, this is a great system.
Now, all is in the correct dimension and right-placed.
No more trouble, the sound is very clean,fast detailed but each listen session in my room is emotional involvement. Bass performance is remarkable.
My room is not big but everything is ok. I suggest everyone listen them asap.

My Sistem
CD : Linn Karik/Numerik
Pre: Audio Research LS-22
Amp: Classe' Audio DR-15

Submitted by W F a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
How can anyone do a review after listening for one hour in a shop, what an idiot! These speakers are awesome.

Submitted by Palle Gronbek a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
This speaker is amazing!
If you're looking for big soundstage without loosing precision and imaging, firm and detailed lows and "electrostatic" highs while maintaining the famous ProAc midrange - go listen to these elegant speakers.
But beware...dont just connect anything to the terminals. With the right amps these boxes gives you unprecedented performance = MUSIC. It's not necessarily a matter of money. Connecting a pair of expensive Mark Levinson mono-amps was quite disappointing. I've ended up with a tube-amp powered with SV811-3A tubes. With 300B tubes I find the FutureOnes a bit loose, and each instrument a bit "rounded". With the SV811-3A's its all there...these speakers gives me all the listening joy I've ever looked for!