Paradigm Reference Legend
Description: 10" powered subwoofer, 6.5" polypropylene cone MF driver, 3/4" ceramic metal composite dome HF driver. (27Hz DIN) 36Hz-20kHz, 120W

Submitted by Lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Legend v.3

Excellent speakers. I auditioned dozens of speakers over the past year looking for the perfect pair -- I found them. The new legends are clear and accurate from top to bottom. There is not another speaker that will outperform the Lengend v.3 at this price. The detail given to the construction shows the desire of Paradigm to create a great speaker. The grills are even designed to create a "round" cabinet for better sound.

Purchased At:   Look & Listen (Mobil

Submitted by Eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I spent a lot of time listening to speakers to replace my TimeWindow 1A’s and came across the Legends.

I listened to several pieces (rock) with both male and female signers. These speakers sound great. The female voice did not sound “nosey” at all. The high frequencies were very well defined and a bit (just a bit) bright. The bass is powerful (I don’t think a subwoofer would be needed in most applications). The overall tonality of the loudspeaker is quite consistent. I did not hear any over emphasis in any of the music I sampled.

The stereo image is very well defined and does not waver at all. The dynamic range of the Legends simply blew my mind. This is very interesting considering these speakers were “just out of the box”.

The cabinets are very well constructed. The finish (mine are black) is excellent. I thumped and thumped on these things and they are just dead. The only thing that is a little problematic is these speakers are tall and narrow. They like to tip a bit. Paradigm includes carpet spikes with the speakers to remedy this. I have not put the spikes on yet but they should straighten things out.

Another point is these Legends sound just as good here at home as they did in the demo room. With more break in they will just get better.

What really got me is the price for the performance. My bang for the buck needle is pegged to “max bang". There are better loudspeakers out there (no doubt), but I’d suggest listening to these loudspeakers before buying.

Purchased At:   Mission Audio&Video

Submitted by Tyler a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
This Review is for the unpowered Legend V.3

Awsome clarity and detail at an outstanding price. I love keeping my money in Canada. I would have paid twice as much for these speakers and they would still sound better than comparable loudspeakers. I would give this product a 7 out of 5 for value if I could. Recomended for anyone who is looking for audiophile sound at casual listner price. Sonic bliss.

Purchased At:   Creative Audio

Submitted by Justin Friberg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
The clarity you get for the price you pay is outstanding

Purchased At:   Audio Video Unlimited

Submitted by Rich a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had several people respond to my previous review asking for the name of the store where I purchased my Legends. This is found below:

Natural Sound
645 Victoria St. N.
Kitchener, ON. Canada
519-744-3111
www.natsound.com

The price paid was $900.00 cdn which converts to approx. $600.00 US. Please remember that these speakers are made in Canada so there is no import duty when purchsed in Canada. I believe there is significant duty to be paid when these are exported to the US.

Purchased At:   Natural Sound - 645 Victoria St.N, Kitchener