Mission 773
Description: Floor Standing Loudspeakers

Submitted by Derth a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2010

Bottom Line:
Surprise-surprise. I had the 774 and still have the 773e. Why? Cause the 773e sounds better than its bigger sibling. Yes, the 774 has more bass. But let that ever withhold you from trading in the rest. Tap with your fingers on the 774's sides and you'll find it sounds hollow. Not as firm as when tapping on the 773's side walls. That's because the 773e is a bit smaller (85x27x17 whereas the 774 measures 95x32x17) while still having the same wall thickness. Also its port hole is smaller. Overall that means that it will resonate less of what's going on inside. And that's always a good thing. What I did to further boost firmness is wedge in a traverse, that's located right behind the tweeter. Over the years I have been experimenting with numerous speakers, all based on using a NAD 917/2400 setup. I just love NAD amps. Most speakers get a little extra by using the bass eq switch. Strictly, the 773e doesn't need a sub. I use them (I have two passive B&W) nonetheless for that low end at lower volume levels. My NAD also has a filter to reduce annoying sibilance. All Mission speakers is my experience can sound (a bit) bright. You can compensate that by adjusting the treble knob.

Submitted by raf121 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
i bought htese speakers for my hi-fi which is my first hi-fi. ive got em placed in my bed room and well when i lsited to them they sounded great compared to my brothers mission 702e's. one of the thigns i was a little diappointed with was that there wasnt enough bass with them but i however resolved this by purchasing a gale 3080 sub. as my amp only send the treble and mid range sounds to the speakers and the sub handles the bass the speaker have just came alive. they absoloutly kick ass and the treable on em sounds very well defined.

Purchased At:   richer sounds

Submitted by Craig Inskip a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought the 773e's about 2days ago and they're starting to sound great now! When i first listened to them i wasn't sure how they compared to my previous Wharfedale sapphires, but i now realise they're loads better especially for the price at just 200 quid although they list at double that. They clarity is amazing, its crystal clear, the bass is nothing special at the moment but i hear that comes with time so i'm just waiting. Unfortunately i've just got a technics v300 amp powering these but i'm after the nad c350 (when ive got enough money to afford them) Would any one reccommend this amp or maybe somthing else? and would anyone reccomend a sub to go with these?

Purchased At:   richer sounds

Submitted by Rich T a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
The Mission 773e's are fantastic. My whole house jumps now.

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds

Submitted by barry ecko a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
Once again Richers tried to disuade me to buy these speakers (in favour of Wharfdales) but I auditioned these at a high end hi-fi shop when they were £400 & knew they were something special. The first thing to do is run them in, say about 50hours, - the speaker changes completely. Biwire them (I'm using QED Anniversary biwire), match with good electronics (I'm using Arcam A65+ Amp & CD62). The electronics need running in as well. The sound is magnificent and no other £250 speaker can even come close to this (I auditioned the many recommended models in hi fi magazines). Beautiful clarity, open soundstage, defined vocals & instruments. I am redeiscovering my CD collection because it sounds so much better than my previous setup (Rotel CD & Amp / B&W CD 602).

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds