Mission 771
Description: 2-way bookshelf speaker

Submitted by jamesbond a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2009

Bottom Line:
i got this one used.... i fell inlove with this speakers... low volume and high volume you can hear the sound quality... even its a small speakers... you would not believe that its bringing a loud and nice sound... bass it good too for small speakers like this... i know that this model its hard to find now but im glad i got one...

Submitted by Y K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Finally, I brought the Missions that what I was looking for a year. I desperately needed nice small speakers (not big monitors mentioned below) for my bedroom setup with HK avr40 & cd changer, 2 channels only for bluegrass,classical & jazz tastes. Because when my wife & kid were watching TV in a living room, I was forced to create another paradise anyway. Using Monster XP speaker wires, after the first week or two playing everyday for 6 hours, the speaker's harshness was gone and I was impressed by its polite manner, say Gentleman's speakers. As they are gradually improve each sound spectrums, I added another Monster XP for bi-wiring after one month and be patient for another two weeks. Ho Ho, Yes, the Missions are really opened up & filled the 10 feet x 11 feet small bedroom with clean & tight bass, detailed midrange and sweet high yet warm & huge sound stage. Although they can not compete with $1k Legacy Studio (almighty, currently in the living room) & TC Sounds Ref. (a rare super accoustic monitors, used for a year with Adcom separates) in the mid-large living room 16 feet x 18 feet, they come close in a small space (but diferent sound charactors) . Beside power & bass handling, I prefer the Missions over Paradigm Ref. Studio 20 for sound quality & musicality, probably one of the best sounding speakers under $500 (my wife also agrees, she knows B&W, Boston A, M&K and many others). Highly recommended in a small room setup.
Bedroom system: HK avr40, HK FL8550, Audioquest Copperhead, Monster XP bi-wire
Living room system: Jolida 1501rc, Sony DVP-NS500V, Monarchy dip 24/96, Adcom GDA600, Monster Power HTS2000, No name optic cable very old(Sony?), Apogee Wyde Eye XLR, Monarchy av-1 cables, Monster Z-1 speaker cable

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by ernest Ernest a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
First,i would like to say these are wonderful little speakers.I think for the size,these are excellent.Most people who posted said they have weak bass,but 90% of them a reciever.I Bi-amp them with Arcam seperates,together they have wonderful bass(in a smaller room).The bass is tight,detailed very controlled and surprisingly full.The highs are brilliant and the midrange is the meat and potatos of this small classic in the making.Hooked up with quality electronics and bi-amped they are awesome.To me recievers just dont make them sound good.I brought them over to a buddy of mines house to show them off,and they sounded like sh*t,and he has a Denon AVR4800($2000.00).Opposed to most,I think they sound the best a little out ino the room.

Purchased At:   audioadvisor.com

Submitted by Alpha8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
first,I would like to say these are wonderful little speakers.I think for the size, these speakers are excellent.Most people who posted a review said they have weak bass,but most are using recievers.I use Arcam seperates,and paired with the Missions the bass is a real surprise(in my smallish room).The bass is very tight, accurate,detailed,and quite full.The highs are brilliant and the midrange is the bread and potatos of this small classic in the making.Hooked up to quality electronics and bi-amped they are awesome.To me recievers just dont make them sound good.I brought them over to a friends house who has a Denon AVR4800($2000.00)and they sounded like pure sh*t.Opposed to every one else about positioning, I think they sound the best a little out into the room.

Purchased At:   audioadvisor.com

Submitted by AdamK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 771e's

Very good speakers for your money. Quite good mids and highs, very airy and suprising depth. (Listened to in a small room)

I bought these speakers to use for my back L/R channel with Dolby EX and DTS-ES soundtracks but before mounting them on the back wall decided to run them in hooked up to the main L/R for stereo listening.

After approx 50 hours honestly I was quite suprised at the overall sound quality, they handled higher volumes well and didn't show any signs of distortion or noticable coloration. For the budget price range I wasn't expecting too much at all!

Now after mounting my 771e's on the back wall they intergrate into my home theater setup beautifuly using the Mission 78ds bi-poles for the surround L & R.

Purchased At:   Secher Audio