Mission 752 freedom
Description: floorstander

Submitted by Arthur Spoor a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2015

Bottom Line:
I got these for 110 euro's from a seond hand market. I bought them to substitute my Alon's, because they need repair. I bought them because the price was very good, and on paper they would go well with my Audisector Patek amp.

They are absolute wonders for the price. Build quality is very solid, the sound is detailed, spacious, warm. Just very very enjoyable to listen to.

Mission suggest placing them close to the rear wall, but I like giving them much more free space. I have them toed in to a point on which they cross before my head. It creates a very open and deep soundstage.

The only critic I have is the deepest bass. The Missions seem to loose there grip in that region, but maybe that could be solved by a more powerful amp.

Overall I would say these are highly recommended. For the price it is an absolute steal.

Submitted by Freaky a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I use these speakers as rearspeakers. My frontspeakers are phonar p 400 and they provide the bass. The Missonspeakers are excellent value for the money.

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by Clive Norton a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Used with

Marantz CD63SE
Arcam Alpha 9 amp
Arcam Alpha 9P power-amp

I listened to lots and lots and lots of speakers before buying these. This was the cheapest pair of speakers that I couldn't pick a fault with. They sound goo quiet, they sound good loud, the treble is clean, the mid is punchy, the bass is level. Everything is in proportion and is crystal clear at all volumes.

They even look good, which wasn't a criteria in my purchasing decision.

An indication of just how bablanced these are is in the tech specs - most speakers quote the 3dB levels for the low and high cut-off points. Mission quote the 1.5dB cut-off points for these.

I cannot work out why these were in production for what seemed a short period of time.

As the years wore on, I started using these with a DVD player and realised that the bass extension wasn't really low enough for action movies, so bought a sub. That is not needed for music.

Purchased At:   600GBP in a hifi sho

Submitted by jrisles a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
What a find!I bought these speakers without actually auditioning them back in 1997. Actually i was the first in Australia to purchase a pair as there was nowhere for me to audition them. I had to wait a few anxious weeks whilst they were being shipped over from the U.K. At the time What HiFi had just reviewed them and gave them a 5 Star rating but that was when i was new to the audiophile scene. But things have changed alot since then but not my speakers. I guess i was just lucky that these speakers are actually very good. All that i have read about these reviews are true - they won't rock the house but they will bring you deep inside the music esp. if you love jazz, classical (chamber music) and acoustic style of music. I prefer rich female acoustical styles like Sarah McGlaughaln, Eva Cassidy, Holly Cole, Cassandra Wilson just to name a few (my angels i call them). These speakers are so detailed with clarity and imaging that they make you start looking for the singer in the room, the speakers disappear. I have matched these beauties with a Unison Research II single ended valve amplifier (12Watts), Marantz MkII 63 KI CD Player, Sota Sapphire Turntable with Kimber Silver Streak Interconnects and Kimber Speaker Cable. Not a high end system by any stretch of the imagination but if i were to place you in the room with the lights off playing some luscious sweet female vocals i bet you'd be surprised once you knew what was playing. I have had these speakers for about 4.5yrs now and i am still not inclined to want to get rid of them. If you own a pair and think that it is time to upgrade look at your ancillary equipment first. Like i said earlier i have changed alot of my system since owning these and everytime i have changed i have been able to get more and more out of these speakers and i don't doubt for a minute that i could probably still improve the attributes of these speakers by matching them with even better (more expensive) equipment. Do yourself a favour get a pair if you like the type of music i have just listed you will not be disappointed. But to get the most out of them be sure to match them with the right ancillary equipment. Be mindful that the purchase price i have listed is in Australian Dollars.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Down Town HiFi

Submitted by Andrew Wilson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I love these speakers......They are avery balanced speaker as opposed to most others that are tuned to the highs and lows. The danger with speakers like this is that they'll reveal weaknesses in your stereo so if your not hearing the highs, as some others have complained in this section, check your interconnects and other electronics. I run cyrus amps (bi amped) and silver kimbers and it's very bright without being even remotely brittle or gritty! They are the best speaker around for the money!

Purchased At:   Private