Mirage Loudspeakers Omnisat v2 FS
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency response 55-20,000 Hz (±3dB)</li> <li>OMNIPOLAR technology</li> <li>1" PTH tweeter</li> <li>Two 4-1/2" Titanium Deposit Hybrid polypropylene woofers</li> <li>Impedance 8-ohm nominal</li> <li>Sensitivity 94 dB</li> </ul>

Submitted by AverageJoeInChi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
I originally was going to get four satellites for my older Mirage center channel and sub. I had no interest in Bose. I bought a Bose center channel several years ago and it sounded like a kazoo. However, I didn't want to go the other extreme and get huge front and rear speakers either.

Since I already had some Mirage products and enjoyed their sound, I started there. I liked the Omnisat v2 sats, but the sound of the Omnisat v2 FS was just too good to pass up. I did buy the sats for my rears though.

I didn't want bulky floor standing speakers, but these are sleek and blend in with my decor well. I checked other reviews all over the net. Some say they don't have enough bass, but with a sub they sound great with dance music and rock/alternative. They sound excellent on their own with classical. Movies sound fantastic.

If you don't want to spend thousands on huge towers, but you want more than the little tweeters in a box, these speakers are definitely worth trying out. I plan on keeping mine for many years.

Side note: I may have to buy the Omnisat v2 center channel as well. I am having a little bit of trouble blending in my older model cc. I will have to keep trying. I am not a crazy audiophile, but I enjoy quality products when I have the opportunity.

Purchased At:   Best Buy (Magnolia)