Mirage Loudspeakers Omni 60
Description: Magnetically shielded omnipolar bookshelf design, 1" pure titanium hybrid tweeter, 6.5" polypropylene titanium deposit hybrid driver, 45Hz-20KHz ±3dB, 91dB sensitivity, 8 ohm impedance, 19lb.

Submitted by JohnBee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a bookshelf speaker that still had the sound of a tower but would could fit in my small room. I listened to everything tweeter had to offer and just loved the way the mirage filled up the room. Anyways... i found them on ebay for a pretty good price. I now have them set up with a Onkyo TX-SR502 reciever, Mirage Omni 50 as rear, Earthquake Sub-80 subwoofer and a Omnisat as a center do to space restrictions. I listen to a wide array of music including jazz, rock, rap. The speakers have good bass for there size but i needed a little kick so I added a subwoofer. Depending on what you listen to you might not need a subwoofer. I use pro logic 2 when listening to all my music and uses all 6 of my speakers. The sound is breathtaking. Sounds like it comes from everywhere. Most everything I listen to is playing through my MP3s off my computer and still sounds great. To other comments about these needed to be setup perfect i would agree. I actually have them on the floor with my desk over one and the other hinding under a payne of glass. But even with these ubstuctions the 60's just fly, so i could just imagine them setup like they should be.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by will2campb a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
The Omni 260's, coupled with the Omni 60's as surrounds, the Omni center, and the S12 sub, are incredible. They are outstanding in 2-channel mode as well as in multichannel audio mode and home theater modes. The speakers simply disappear, besting electrostatic speakers 5 times their price. At least in a large room, I would recommend them with the Mirage S12 sub. I have owned ProAc, Martin Logan and other high-end speakers, but I prefer the 260's.

Purchased At:   Micromultimedia

Submitted by C Bennett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
I got these from Tweeter while they were closing them out. They cost me a whopping $196! What a great speaker! Well worth double that ammount(if not more). Crisp highs, Plenty of Bass for a speaker this size. Its omnipolar design is.....well....just great! I love the dispersion. Sounds like the action(for HT) or band(for music) is right there. I auditioned Boston Acoustic,Polk,Infinity,Klipsch. This speaker dominated any of the above in the same price range($180-500). Makes music sound great like your at a live concert. Just listened to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, And Queensryche Operation Mindcrime. Both awesome and brought out the sound! If Tweeter still has them or gets them back in stock(right now they are out of stock or else cleaned out for good) at $196 a pair I would challenge anyone to find a better speaker! Speaker also looks cool with the upwards firing woofer and the seperate tweeter hanging over the center of the woofer. I actually like the 2 piece grille design.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by ryan4301 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
Fantastic bookshelf speakers. Compared these with Klipsch, Monitor Audio and Polk. No other bookshelf speaker in this price range comes even close. When setup correctly and paired with a good amp, these will even give $1000 tower speakers a run for their money.

Unlike most bookshelf speakers, Bass is clear and loud. Mid-range is where these stand out. Treble "sparkles". Heard Sarah Mclaughlin and Nora Jones. Close your eyes and you will feel they were standing right in front of you and singing.

But, these really need to be setup correctly. Mirage uses Omni-polar technology, which essentially implies that if you do not give these speaker "just enough" room on the sides and back, the imaging will not be as accurate.

Give these speakers a try. You will not regret it.

Purchased At:   Online