Mirage Loudspeakers OM-8
Description: Omnipolar with powered subwoofer

Submitted by Bryan Stone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just purchased a pair at Hi-fi Buys for $799 and can't believe they were so inexpensive. These originally retailed for $2200 and they sound like $2200 speakers. Just as DLB did, I upgraded from the Cambridge Soundworks New Ensembles and am truely amazed at what I have been missing. I have these in a relatively large room with a vaulted ceiling and the OM-8's fill it completely. The sound stage is very wide and the bass responsiveness is very ample even for the size of these woofers. I have a PS150i sub and it is a perfect compliment. Want to upgrade my Infinity cc-2 center to the OMC-2, but can't warrant paying as much for the center as I did for the fronts. If anyone is looking to unload a c-2 or c-3 center or knows where to get a good deal, e-mail me. By the way, these are on close out and are going fast at this price. If your looking for a pair of fronts, check these out quickly.

Submitted by DLB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
I use the OM8s in a 15 by 24 room. The speakers are located along the the long wall. They are used for music and as fronts for my home theater system. I also have the Mirage PS150i subwoofer. Have had these for about 4 months. I would like to hear from others in regards to the room placement issue that is mentioned in other reviews. Let's face it, these are big speakers and not very easy to move around.

I replaced a Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble (satellite & 2 subs) system. Still have their center channel and surround speakers. I am looking to get the Mirage OM CR3 center channel. However, what I have now really cranks with a huge sound stage, especially playing DVDs.

I paid $1200 for the 8s and $540 for the sub at Tweeter.

Submitted by mike a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
buy them you will not be sorry .

Submitted by Rich a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
Outstanding sound, especially in the price range. I have had these speakers in a large and they fill it up effortlessly with some very refined sound. I do not think you can do better in this price range. Pair them up with some good amplification and get lost in the music. I like them matched with Parasound, but would love to hear recommendations from others. Unquestionably 5 stars!

Submitted by Becky a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
What can I say - I love these speakers. Placement is a bit of a pain, but once you get it right you're amply rewarded with a rich, full, lifelike sound. Excellent, crisp highs and mids, and much more bass than I expected from small woofers. I have the matched center (OM-C3) and rears (OM-C2), and the whole thing is very impressive for home theater as well as for music.