Mirage Loudspeakers NA Oasis

Submitted by Kevin S. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2006

Bottom Line:
Just a quick follow up. I've had these speakers outside on the deck for almost 3 years now. I've never taken them down, they went through some pretty harsh New England winters, and to me they sound just as good as when I first installed them. I will take them down this year to give them a thorough cleaning, darn bird nests, but I couldn't be happier. Very good sound at the low to moderate levels that I play them at. Highly recommended

Purchased At:   tweeter

Submitted by Kevin S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think these speakers sound fantastic. They sound very open with precise bass and clear highs. The bass is just fine for a 5.25" woofer. I have these set up under the eaves overlooking the deck. They have been outside through 2 summers and 1 winter with no drop in sound quality. I even had robins build a couple of nests on them, that won't happen again! I use them mostly for backround music and couldn't be happier.

Purchased At:   tweeter

Submitted by Jim K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I would never settle on these for being my 'primary' indoor speaker system. However, for an outdoor application, these are real nice speakers for the price.

I am very happy.

The bass is actually a little better than expected. The highs are fantastic. Some might even say that these are too "bright," but I don't think so.

These speakers are really worth every penny, and will serve to "spice up" any backyard barbacue. My friends and family think they sound absolutely awesome. I would recommend these to anyone who wants a high quality set of outdoor speakers for the back patio or deck.

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V596.

Indoor speakers: Pro Cinema 80's from Definitive Technologies.

Purchased At:   Bryn Mawr Stereo

Submitted by Stu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
Just pulled them out of the box and hooked them up. I was very impressed. I did not have high exceptions for outdoor performance. I popped in a familiar CD and was surprised of the image. I will enjoy these speakers.

I picked them up for $199US at United Audio.

In previewing others... Bose always too much midrange and highs (poor balance). Boston Acoustic were disappointing to me... very muddy.

Submitted by Pete a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
I agree with Trey these are excellent outdoor speakers. Very crisp and clear. I really enjoy cooking out on the deck with a coldie and the Mirages. When I get a new house I will probably up grade to a pair with more bass and more effecientcy buts it will be hard to beat the Mirages highs.