Mirage Loudspeakers M-3si
Description: Bi-polar, 5 speaker system

Submitted by djbros a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2010

Bottom Line:
I own a pair of the Mirage M-3si speakers as my front theater speakers with a Mirage center & sub and completed the package with a set of M-7si's in the rear. Even though I work in the Pro Audio Industry, I have never heard anything that compares to the clarity and crispness of this Mirage System. The system is currently ran by a Denon AVR-4310CI system that absolutely rocks! Previously I used the AVR-3600 which was nearly equally as impressive. Yes they are large, but they are part of the show. Two big beautiful towers, one on each side of the 82" HD DLP, together they compose a work of art. The sound is precise at low volumes, but it is spectacular and moving when you crank it up. No matter the movie; if it offers a "jet fly by" you might as well have been standing on the end of the runway. If Dinosaurs are crossing the screen, your couch will feel every step. I truely can't find any negative about the Mirages Speakers, I am however; extremely dissapointed that these incredible speakers are no longer in production. What a great product.

Submitted by Aussie Mike a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased the M3's in 1990 and have owned them for 17 years, and i will keep them till i my hearing goes. I use them mainly for home theater and occasionally for stereo listening, i have them for front left and right channel with a Mirage OMC2 for the center. The M3's have a wonderful sound, room filling speaker, if you are looking for pinpoint imaging, they are not for you.
They are a bargain for a home theater system if you can find them close by, weigh 140lb each in boxes, expensive to ship.
Need lots of power, speaker is 85db, i use a Bryston 4B with bi-wire # 12 awg cables. The bass and weight they put out is more than adequate for stereo and works well with Home theater. I dont feel the need for a sub woofer.
Stereophile class B review by Tom Norton.

Purchased At:   Soundings in Denver

Submitted by HomerJ a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
At the time I was debating between the M3si and the M1si. The M1si needs a barn-sized room, and I just couldn't foresee a huge house in my future. The M3si has a little better bass control I find. INCREDIBLE speakers, sweet sound, deep deep bass with no strain, needs adequate power (I use PS Audio 250 monoblocks). Looks great also. I will keep these till they fall apart, they are timeless and classically beautifull.

Purchased At:   Direct from dealer w

Submitted by Ross a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
Here's the background. Bought a pair of OM-7's. Got an incredible deal. I sold them. I heard a pair of M1's. I guess I found out I am not a powered subwoofer kinda guy. Picked up a set of M3's, try finding M1's (plus the shipping on 175lbs each). They sound excellent. Look wonderful. They are quite big. Very heavy. But the sound is incredible. My Opinion is they blow away anything I have heard in this price range. Also, if you are researching a pair of these, you can buy all new drivers and grilles from Mirage still. If you like pure sound you will love these. I have heard speakers with much more bass but a good sub will fill what these don't. I highly recommend these. My only wish I guess is that Mirage would offer a high end speaker that isn't powered. Maybe just maybe they would give the M3's a run. I wish I could give them 6 stars in value

Purchased At:   private sale

Submitted by Steven Martin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just got these speakers and thay sound good. I am 14 years old and I am not some rich kid I saved my money for 12 years and mowed lots of lawns. When I first heard them they were hocked up to a Rotel 200 watt amp and a Rotel pre amp with a ponieer elit cd player. I have not gotten an amp or a pre amp yet but they are hocked up to my dad's old Tanberg intgrated amp and a nakimichi CD player. I usde kimber cable for wire. They sound ok on my dad's stuff, but you can't play it loud and it is missing some bass because his amp only puts out 150 watts per channel. I will get an amp and pre amp soon and put them in my room. I love these speakers to deaf! Ha Ha.