Mirage Loudspeakers HDT-F

Submitted by Mario Alberto Castro a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I upgaded from Mirage OM-7, OM-C2, and OM-R2. As a center channel speaker the HDT-F is superb. The dialoge is always clear ans you can hear every detail. I found myself hearing little details that I previously did not hear with the OM-C2. This is important since I feel that the center channel speaker is the most important in HT.

As a surround speaker I decided to go with the HDT-F instead of the HDT-R. I like direct radiators better and I was not happy with the OM-R2. Once again The detail of the surround channels was exellent. Everything was clear and natural.

The left and right speakers sound so much better than with the OM-7. The misic sound great and I can play it really loud with no problems. My HT sounds so much better with these speakers. I would recommend this speaker to anyone.

They are very lare bookshelf speakers that give you the sound of a quality floor standing speaker.

Submitted by Danny Williams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well folks, i finally have broken these babies in and I am very impressed. I was lucky enough to get these at great price and they do everything i can ask for. I believe they retail for $1250 a piece. If any one is intersted in purchasing a pair, write me an email and i might be able to get you some. They sound phenomenal for movies and the bass they produce is outstanding. As for music, like I said, i cant ask for more. I stepped up to these from a pair of Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble so there was quite a large leap. I did shop around and thought i was going to go for the M&K 750 THX system. I ended up splurging on this and a Velodyne HGS 15....which i am also very happy with.
Truly great sound from these black little boxes. I am using them with a nice DENON amp and they are Bi Amplified using some great THX certified, 12 guage speaker wire.
I dont know if i have heard a better pair of speakers.....I think there are a lot of contenders for this price range, but for some reason i dont think anyone else will be substantially better(audibly). Check out the review in Home Theater....or maybe it was stereophile....where they were put up against the Revel system from Madrigal. Pretty good considering this system costs much much much more.
Hope anyone who purchases them likes them as much as I do...