Mirage Loudspeakers FRx-Three

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
As the other posts indicate, these are very nice speakers for the money. Before upgrading to the frx3 I listened to a host of other speakers and found that I liked these much better than the others in this price range. In fact they sound better to me than some of the $600/pr speakers. I probably would not have auditioned them if they were selling at their original price. However, Mirage is replacing this line, and you can find them for less than half of their original price. After upgrading my front ARs to the 3's, I replaced the center with the matching frx-c and couldn't be more satisfied. I've heard better speakers, but nothing comes close in this price range for me.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Mike D a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I absolutely LOVE these speakers!
They recreate music so realistically, it's like having a symphony in your room.
All musical genres sound great.
(and bad music still sounds bad!)

I never expected music to be reproduced so well by such a small speaker.

I originally bought the FRx-3s as the rear surround pair to a HT setup with a Yamaha RX-V2200 amp, Mirage FRx-9s as the front pair and sub and FRx-C.
But I hooked the FRx-3s up to a 20+ year old analog amp(which I was going to dump because it sounded so bad with my earlier speakers) and the sound from these speakers was absolutely awesome.

I've been listening to them for almost half a year and I am still impressed.
I can confirm that the other reviewers' praise of this speaker is justified and well deserved.

And, at a very reasonable price!

Purchased At:   Norlec HiFi

Submitted by bYOndo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
these loudspeakers are great, even at first listen :)
the sound is very clear, especially in mid/high freqs; the bass is not exagerating but it's tight (take care of positioning them in right way!), making the music very enjoyable (I listen most way to rock & symphonic music).
Though this is my very first "hi-fi" system (ampli carver cmv1185, cdp jvc xl-z232 tweaked, self-made cables),I make a great deal w/ these loudspeaks :)

Purchased At:   a local shop

Submitted by Fymuta a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Fantastic. Amazing quality for the price!! I tested these speakers against a number of pricer competitors from A&R and against the B&W 602's. None can touch these speakers. I throw everyting at them - hip hop, dance, rock, classical, acoustic, anything. Sure, they lack a little bass - good speaker cable can improve this (even the QED Qudos i use improves this). I am merely repeating what has already been said here, but it is all true - if your even near the price range in buying speakers, you have to seek these speakers out. I could not find a comparible speaker with the dynamic range and soundstaging capability of these speakers.
These speakers, along with a Rotel 1070 power amp (overpowered, but an exceptional amp), provide the heart of my two channel system. I listen to ALOT of music, and i thoroughly enjoy these speakers. Highly Recommended!

Submitted by Tyler Ferguson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are amazing!!!! For $320 Canadian they are an absolute steal!!!!! I tested over twenty different speakers in the $300 - $500 dollar range and none even compared!!! Buy these speakers now!!!!

Purchased At:   Gloubies