Mirage Loudspeakers 1090i

Submitted by audiophreak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
Incredible dual purpose speaker. You can crank up a movie like The Matrix, hear tremendous detail and dynamics, and then kick back and enjoy music. Bipolar gives you a huge soundstage, but imaging is still excellent. Bass isn’t bad, either. You’ll want to experiment with placement. I toe mine in around 15 degrees and separate them 6 feet apart for best results. Gloss black and fabric sock look mucho classy. I also bi-wire mine to make sure the 200 WPC from my Acurus has plenty of conduit.

Purchased At:   Private Seller

Submitted by avatar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I think one can't go wrong with these. They handle a 20 sq.m. room nicely and I think will easily handle morewithout losing their strenghts. You get all the frequencies you need: nice bass, excellent top and mid-range (amp: Arcam a9). The bipolars really make a difference -- you effectively own 2 pairs of speakers instead of just 2. Thanks to the bipolars the Mirages not just put music into your ears -- rather they fill the room with a wealth of ambience and solidify the sound overall. Close your eyes and you will barely locate them, instead the music will flow from the walls and the air. Don't be afraid though that it could add any unwelcome artifacts -- just install them correctly and you'll get a very pleasing experience for that amount of money (which in my opinion is sufficient for all but a bunch of the most discerning audiophiles).

Submitted by Mark Kowalewski a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I love my Mirage 1090s. A good sounding speakers for home theatre and stereo play back.

Submitted by Juha Ovaskainen a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 1998

Bottom Line:
I bought my Mirage 1090i speakers on offer at 1100$. These speakers are the first pair of "full size" floorstanders I ever owned. I have 25sqm listening room wich I consider to be just about big enough to cope with Mirage´s very powerfull bass. They are quiet sensitive to room placement. I have them standing2 metres apart and almost completely toed in toward my listening position at 3
metres distance. Their stereo image is deep and reasonably accurate. Trebles are
beautiful and well extended(After I tightened the baffles). You should biwire
or biamp them and experiment with cabling a bit. I have TaraLabs Prism22 as interconnect and Supra PLY 3.4 loudspeaker cable (Biwired). 1090i`s work well
with most types of music and movie soudntracks.