Legacy Audio Victoria
Description: (See reviews)

Submitted by speakerman3 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have listened to and owned countless speaker systems, but there is only one pair of speakers up to this point that I do not plan on parting with: my Legacy Audio Victorias.

The Victorias I have are older and have a 7" woofer, green--Eton, I believe--midrange, and a Foster ribbon tweeter. The combination is excellent. I still get a thrill out of listening to music through these speakers after more than a year. They make my Definitive Technology home theater speakers sound dull by comparison.

The Victorias are smooth across their frequency range while having incredible highs. They extend well beyond any dome tweeters I have heard without any of the harshness or sibilance often associated with metal domes. The midrange is uncolored and very immediate. Vocals sound as if the artist were in the room giving a small-venue performance. On the bottom-end, bass is unbelievable for speakers having a 7" woofer. And, yes, they can handle power.

The soundstage, though possibly not as wide as some might want for a home theater, is rich and deep, easily allowing the listener to forget that he is listening to music being reproduced. I have been to concerts that didn't sound as "live" as these speakers. For stereo listening, they can't be beat--unless you can find another pair of the larger Legacy Audio speakers.

I will hang onto these speakers as long as I can. In addition to being the best-sounding speakers I have found, they are aesthetically pleasing, and pass the spouse acceptance factor. They are first rate!

Purchased At:   used from private se

Submitted by chris tedja a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I had listened to B&W etc etc etc....This one is the best for the money. Enough said. Just listen to the speaker yourself.

I am using a high power Carver amp to push this speaker.

Purchased At:   Legacy

Submitted by a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 1998

Bottom Line:
I own a pair of Victorias. They are superb! I use them as surrounds in a home theater system which has Legacy Classics as L/R and a their Silver Screen a center channel. This is a dream theater system!! I tried PSB Silvers - they sound very good, but the cabinetry is junk compared to Legacy. If you haven't seen them, you won't believe your senses. They look as goods as they sound. Truly a system to last a lifetime. Can't say enough! 10 stars!!!

Submitted by Cut Throat a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 20, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have had the pleasure of listening to and since then ordering the Victoria's. I have never heard such fine musical instruments. I have listened to many speakers in all of the finest Audio Parlors. Other speakers costing many thousands of dollars usually sound very grandiose, but you usually get tired of them after a few minutes. The Victoria's blend well into a Living atmosphere where the music is not the main focus, but an added benefit to an event such as a Dinner party. The construction is superb, and you would swear these speakers sell for $5000 instead of $1700. They are gorgeous!! The Bass is rich is rich and the music is detailed, but not to point of harshness. I've only got one question for Legacy. Why did you discontinue them? In my experience, the truly great products in every field get discontinued. I think this is one of them

Submitted by lawrence freitas a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 1997

Bottom Line:
Great product, wonderful service and knowledgeable staff, what more could you ask for. It simply doesn't get any better than this. The clarity of these babies are unmatched. I had my doubt buying speakers I had never seen or heard but I am glad I took that chance.