Krix KDX-M

Submitted by Tony Murace a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
As a D.J. and very much into sound, I was amazed at the quality of my new Panasonic TV speakers capabilities. After picking up the Krix KDX-C ex demo for a bargain $399 I cant believe the clarity and extra sound effects we are now hearing. For me they handle all the bass I would want in a centre channel.
I wish I had them as rear speakers also.
A fantastic speaker at a fantastic price. Would consider looking at Krix loudspeakers as replacements in the far future

Purchased At:   Home Theatre Technologies

Submitted by David F. a

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have spent many hours over the last few months perusing this and other boards as i went down the path of assembling a home theater that was not hitting 5 figures. I auditioned the B & w 303 series and the 602s, some of the Monitor Audio Bronze and Silver, Paradigm Atoms and mini-monitors and one other that I cant remember in the Paradigm line, some Klipsch, and one oe two others. Then I heard the Krix KDX and they just blew me away.

It does not matter whether I listen to Bruce Springsteen or Diana Krall or Steely Dan, the imaging, soundstage and realism is fantastic, especially given the price of these Australian made speakers. I added a pair of DefTech in-wall bipolar speakers for my rear channel (in ceiling actually) and a HSU sub, and have blown away anyone who has listened to this set up. I urge you to try and audition these before you make your selection.

Setup includes:

Denon 3802 AVR
Panasonic RP- 91K DVD
Pioneer HD-533 TV
Marantz CD player
HSU Research VTF-2 subwoofer (LOVE IT)

Submitted by Maca a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
Nowadays, there is a growing demand for speakers to cater for both musical and home theatre. Krix KDX-M & KDX-C handles both brilliantly from Mozart to the Matrix.The imaging is fantastic between all three speakers. You can actually hear the singer slightly off centre and gun shells falling to the floor in front of you. KDX-C handling with clarity dialog from a love scene to wild explosions. The bass is tight and punchy and not all droning. It is hard to believe they all come from something the size of bookshelf speaker. Well worth the hear!

Purchased At:   Hi-Fi Store

Submitted by Jarkko Altonen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I demoed these in a hifi store against many other makes, a number of which were substantially more expensive. These speakers really stood out.

They are a largish bookshelf size and are fully shielded so can be mounted close to the TV without problems. The sound is clear, solid and warm.

Submitted by anthony donato a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
Overall the best LCR under 1000.00 on the market. I love the Jarrah wood finish.