Klipsch RF3II
Description: KLIPSCH 2-WAY TOWER SPEAKERS, 150-600 WATTS => Model RF-3II

Submitted by Shafqat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
I got my RF-3II in 2004 from my very close friend, (actually he purchased complete RF-7, RC-7 & RS-7 system). I used many amps with these spkrs i.e., Yamaha DSP-AZ1, RX-V1300, RX-V1500, RX-V659, RX-V2600, RX-V1900 and DENON AVR-3805 & 3808a. The best amp matched with RF-3II was DENON AVR-3805. Very powerful & clear/high quality amp. my complete system is RF-3II, RC-3II, RF-15 and RW-12 Sub. This is very very great setup and the sound of these speakers is out of this world. These speakers are very balanced and unbelievable clear and neutral. Bass is excellent. My room size is 18x15. The people who say it lacks the bass range, are wrong, may be they are using low power amp. Overall I will say that Klipsch make the World's Best Theater Speakers. No doubt...

Submitted by AudioPhileExpert101 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
I've owned my Klipsch RF3's for a over 2 years and have been listening to them since new. I got them on a trade with a friend of mine and these things are just animals. The overall build quality is just great and the sound is even more impressive. Some people think the lower frequency extension is weak, but that's all in their amplification/setup. Properly setup, the RF3's will fill a large room with enough powerful bass to fool almost anybody in thinking you have a subwoofer hidden somewhere. I have used these speakers in many different setups using many different components, and so far Denon Amplification (AVR-5600) sounds the best. I've used Carver, Sunfire, Yamaha, and many others. While Sunfire/Carver is also impressive, the high end Denon Receivers are just fantastic! The only downfall I can think of is in the high end. They seem to get slightly harsh when brilliant sharp sounds are reproduced. I mean slightly. Klipsch has really done their homework when it comes to making a horn tweeter sound excellent.

Purchased At:   Friend

Submitted by steve a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
I'll tell you what...Everyone that says these speakers don't have much bass You must try them out on a pair of Mcintosh 60 momoblocks. These speakers will produce whatever you want them to!

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by kaogren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have had my Klipsch RF3II for two years. I really liked them for the depth of the sound stage they brought to my music.

I have been running them with a medium level Rotel pre-amp and (two) Marantz MA-500, 125 watt, mono block, THX rated amps.

I loved the clarity, but I was always trying ways to reduce the high end beaming from the horn tweeters. Nothing I did helped much. Then I had an epiphany. I bought at $29.00 “Sonic Impact” T-Amp.

This little sucker is an integrated, 10 watt/channel (in 8 ohm) integrated amplifier. It can even be battery powered with (8) AA batteries. (I am now running it with a 3 Amp 12 volt power supply.)

Gone was the iterating beaming that I was getting from the horn teeters. I have never owned a tube amp (but I was about to make the investment), but what the reviews of the T-Amp said, it is very “tube like”.

I have dumped my relatively expensive Rotel pre-amp and my Marantz amps and now am a much more of a happy camper.

It plays on my Klipsch as loud as I can stand it for any reasonable time, with the clarity that I hadn’t heard before.

So if you have these speakers and you have the problem I have had, invest $29.00 in this joke of a box and I bet you will be as please I am.

Purchased At:   Magnolia HiFi

Submitted by jmon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well these speakers have some great points and some not so great points. Depending on your listening tastes these could be the best speakers on the marketing or subpar. They are IDEALLY designed for Jazz/Classical and older recordings. The mid to high range frequencies are amazing, it sounds as if the band is playing right in front of you. There is perfect segmentation between the two, yet they marry beautifully. If you're always playing at lower volumes and this type of music, DON"T READ another review of different speakers, this IS hands down the best speaker for the money and those listening needs.
Now to the downside. The word base and Klipsch RF3 II shouldn't be used in the same sentence. If you're listening to any new recordings whether country, rap or pop, you will be gravely disappointed. The base is sub par at best. Don't crank these either, they really sound like they're struggling and they dont' give you that "fill room" feeling. (I'm pushing them with a B&K AVR507) Movies and sports are also poor. I've added a great sub, but the sub never produces the some sounds as if it was coming from the floorstanding. The Klipsch KLF 10 or RF7 are the real speakes to get should you want to "turn it up" every now and again and feel the music from newer recordings.

Purchased At:   Tweeter Close Out