Klipsch RF-15
Description: The Reference Series continues to provide astounding power, detail and emotion with the new RF-15 floorstanding loudspeaker. Modeled after the best selling RF-3, the RF-15 incorporates the same dynamic quality, superior sound and visual appeal principles, but in a more compact size and at a price that’s more affordable than ever. <p /> The RF-15 unleashes its power through its dual 5.25-inch, magnetically shielded woofers and a low-mass 1-inch titanium diaphragm tweeter loaded with a square Tractrix® Horn. The advanced horn design dramatically increases efficiency and enables the loudspeaker to produce more output using less energy. This allows the loudspeaker to have the lowest possible distortion and highest possible reliability.

Submitted by Magri a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2010

Bottom Line:
RF15 is one of the outstanding loudspeakers I've ever heard. For just $300 (each), I got crisp, loud and brilliant sound, no matter what kind of music I was listening, it was always sound superb.

Submitted by klipschman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
these speakers absolutely rock. No matter what sound is coming out of them they give you a crystal clear reproduction, i did not realize how loud they were until i left my place and could still hear them from outside and crystal clear i might add. from the looks to the performance and its 400 watt peak they rule the basements of the few who know. Those who dont like horn speakers can get some other brand but for my money klipsch is the way to go, i dont work for them but damn they are good. Just playing video games takes you to another level... If you love movies,games and music it is a great choice, i have hear others AND I BOUGHT THE KLIPSCH...AND I WOULD DO IT AGAIN. hands down great speakers

Submitted by DBLASVEGAS@aol.com a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
The Klipsch RF-15 home theater system is great for the money and fits nicely in a smaller space. I started out with a RW-8 sub because my room is small. I quickly found out i needed the larger RW-10. The mains are great as long as you have a sub without it you have to be careful at louder volumes the woofers cant handle media with stronger bass. It starts to sound forced in my opinion. Make no mistake, these is not my RF-7 HT system but never the less im very very impressed with them and they work perfectly in my master bedroom retreat. i also looked at the RF-10s. I just didnt like the treble. seemed muted. I had also listened to the RF-25s and RF-35s. I didnt really want to spend the money on RF-35s and they are a little big for the room. the 25s were fine also i just liked the 15s the best for the money and their size and sound. I listen to club music to jazz and use the system for HT. i havent been disappointed yet.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by siccivic a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
of all the under the towers i had listened to i liked these ones the most because the music is tighter then their bigger bros but still loud and clear.loud enough to not be overtaken by 4 yes 4 def. tech. supercube ones.I have 6 of these in my 7.4 setup.It sounds so sweet for music,movies,and video games yeah try this setup with xbox rainbow 6 3: black arrow it's just not fair for everybody else when you got this and a 61' samsung dlp and they are playing on 27' tv's with stereo.Dvd-audio rocks.

Purchased At:   soundtrack

Submitted by --D-- a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2004

Bottom Line:
These little Klipsch speakers are the hands-down best I've owned for home theater. I can't say they're the best speakers for music that I've owned but if your priorities are 80% HT 20% music listening then you can't go wrong with these. I'm not saying they're not good for music, but they're not as good as Paradigm Studio 20s, KEF RDM 2s, or Boston VRM-50s all of which I own or have owned, are more expensive, and are studio monitor quality. The Klipsches will out rock all those other speakers however and are also easier to drive. Perfect for HT. I also considered the larger Klipsch RF-25s and 35s, but couldn't get past their warm / artificially full sound. Male vocals had too much resonance and were just too chesty for me. Just didn't sound as neutral/natural as the rf-15s. This is just my opinion and being pampered by that tight, focused, studio monitor sound, the RF-15s were just a better choice for me. I also have an M&K sub (GREAT Product for those that want/need, tight, accurate, bass) so I didn't need the lower frequencies produced by the larger towers. I know you're probably wondering why I didn't go with another bookshelf type speaker and the fact of the matter is most small speakers especially one's in this price range just can't give you the impact of larger ones and that's what I was craving for with my HT. Along with that I also got a more exciting and very intelligle sound. I'm not running a center channel right now and I'm not in a huge hurry to get one because the to RF-15s do a GREAT job of anchoring the sound to the screen. This is probably due to the way the horn directs/disperses sound in a more controlled way than a conventional dome tweeter. I'm going to get an rc-25 at some point. See my review for it in under the rc-35 (I auditioned both but just wrote one review). Don't let their small size and reasonable price fool you. These little speakers give you A LOT of bang for the buck. Why didn't they make these about 5-6 years ago. Would've saved me a lot of money and hassle with other brands.

Purchased At:   Kief's Audio and Vid