Klipsch Quartet
Description: 3 Way horn loaded tweeter and midrange, 10" woofer, 12" passive rad

Submitted by LCURL a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought these in 1996 or 1997. They still sound as great as the day I bought them. From rock to hip hop to classical everything sounds great as long as they have enough power driving them. I'll never have to buy another pair of stereo speakers again.

Submitted by rdusa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2011

Bottom Line:

I spent a lot of time reading audio reviews and visiting dealer showrooms to find an accurate full range speaker for my basement man-cave. My E-V speakers were coming up on 20 years old and I thought it time to upgrade. I listened to Usher(^), Spendor, Paradigm, Quad, Dali (^), B&W, etc etc. All nice speakers but costing $1000's and some demanding huge power input in order to perform properly (at least that's what the experts said).

The guy who bought my E-V was a tube lover and he called me back giggling about how great they sounded. That set me to thinking about horns again. I've seen Klipsch Forte, Heresy and Quartets for sale cheap (like $400 pair) and decided to explore. Long story short, I finally found a nice set of Quartets for a good price and took the plunge

Misplaced too close the the wall in my "L" shaped basement, I was impressed with the clarity of the mid and high horns. Just brilliant (no, not shrill). The base was strong down to below 40 Hz. Although a tad on the muddy side. Going the next step, I bought titanium diaphragms and new crossovers (not needed) from Bob Crites and kicked it up another notch. Wow. The high end clarified even more and was extended. Mids were clean and precise as well. You can point to a little "boxiness" in the sound, and less imagining than the modern linear array designs, but if you like listening to live electric performances, then these speaker replicate that sound admirably. Highly efficient and dynamic. I drive mine through a Sansui AU-919 and they shine. Good recordings open up amazingly well. I really wonder what these babies would do through a nice warm tube amp...........

Bottom line, you can spend $1000's but I now wonder why you would want to.

Submitted by pianodave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2010

Bottom Line:
I'm new to this site, and I thought that I would share the following: By Trade, I'm a concert piano tuner, and my ears hear things most people don't.

Today, I bought a pair of (mint) Klipsch Quarter Speakers from a local Goodwill for $199. I am listening to them on my (rebuilt) Dynaso ST-70 amp, with the PAS-3 preamp. I can't believe the sound. I had been using Electro voice Aristrocrats. I will keep the Aristrocrats, but now will use the Kilps. I can't believe what I'm listening to.

Submitted by Jonathan Parker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
I got these speakers from my Dad. I paid 200 he put in the rest an undisclosed amount, you know how parents are. Anyway I have had these speakers for 2 years I am running a LS1 high def. preamp Audio reasearch, rt-02 Rotel high def am fm, tuner A Denon dpf-7 and a Toshiba SR-A200 turntable's an Akai4000D reel to reel and a pair of MI terminator 2 cables from amp to speakers and interconnects. I love to Jam I mean really rock out, its in my blood. No matter what I put on whether its the stones on LP or DIO on cd these speakers are well ballanced the mid range is clear, powerful precise, punch for a horn midrange, the tweeters are clear and ear shattering the 10" active front firing sub is very crisp spot on I think and the rear passive well just ask my neighbors at 250 ft away. I enjoy these speakers everyday I got them brand new orignal price was 1680 us dollars these have the biggest bang for the buck. I Will keep them infact I am rockin out now, awsome sound great speakers

Purchased At:   gift

Submitted by Marcus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
I auditioned these speakers in the showroom and when they made me jump, I took them home. They are superb either at a paint peeling volume for New Year's or nap time on a rainy day. My house can become a giant passive sub woofer. These speakers are the last ones I need to buy.

Purchased At:   Hi Fi Inc.