Klipsch Klipschorn
Description: Considered a watershed industry event, the introduction of the Klipschorn set the standard for high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion, and smooth frequency response. Commonly called a corner-horn speaker, the remarkably uncommon Klipschorn includes a highly efficient horn-loaded tweeter and midrange compression driver. Its patented folded-horn 15 woofer delivers powerful low frequencies. These principles and these components, which drive the creation of every single Klipsch loudspeaker, are what make the Klipschorn as sought after today as it was decades ago. <ul> <li>Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M</li> <li>Fully horn-loaded, full range, three-way system</li> <li>2 Capable of extreme output levels</li> </ul>

Submitted by Chad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2014

Bottom Line:
I worked in a "record store" in the late 80's. We sold the Klipsch lineup. I was just a teenager, and would marvel at the K-Horns in the brochures. We never ordered any unfortunately. A guy came in and said he needed money, wanted to sell his 1976 K-Horns. I went and listened to them, and borrowed money from my grandma to buy them. That was 1989. I am listening to them right now, still as pleased today as I was in 89. They are still beautiful, sound quality and looks. I did change out the old school cloth with more modern fabric, and it looks gorgeous. My Denon amp effortlessly streams music to whoever is within a block of the house... :-) Thanks to Klipsch for the longest running production speaker today in existence. 60 years, relatively unchanged!! I wont ever sell these monsters of beauty!

Submitted by ART VANDELAY a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
I started with Heresy's after passing on ESS AMT-1's and JBL 100's. When CD's were introduced in the early 80's I upgraded to Klipsch Cornwalls. I've always wanted a pair of K-Horns. They were the best speaker I've ever heard. I got my dream come true last month. I found a used pair that needed a total refurb. It was the only way I could afford them. I love every note they produce. Well worth the wait.

Submitted by Dandoyen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
Truthfully, for what these speakers can do in the right environment, the price is actually great. Purchased mine through Acoustic Sound Design (www.acousticsounddesign.com). Great transaction. The dynamic range on these speakers is phenomenal. When placed correctly, they truly do put you in the recording studio or up on stage with the artist. As with any speaker with high sensitivity, component matching is crucial. Some just don't mix well. Additionally, if you don't have these in the proper corners, prepare for disappointment. They'll really sound lacking. But place them as prescribed and prepare to be amazed. I could not be happier!

Submitted by Ears Only a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
I'm glad that this site is still in existence. What a service to everyone. There used to be well over 100
reviews offered here about the Klipschorn! I wonder what happened. I was first introduced to the
amazing Klipschorn in 1972 and have had so many pairs of them and then selling them for one
reason only, family comes first. Now kids are gone and I'm in my senior years and I will never sell
them again. If you look deep enough, there is no such thing as a perfect speaker, but the Klipschorn
comes closest in performance to perfection. They are so effortless and fast. They can produce the
quiet passages very accurate, then stun you with a thunderclap that will make you think that the
lightning bolt was in your front yard. Some people might ask what does that have in common with
pure music. Well, in a word-everything. While the so called super accurate or audiophile speakers
will leave most amplifiers sucked dry trying to do this, the Klipschorn just coasts along almost yawning
as if to say, "Is that all that you can throw at me?" I've owned so many fine speakers over the years
and to be fair, I will name them. Carver Platinum Amazings, Polk SDA-SRS(the big ones),Mcintosh
XRT-20's, Yamaha NS-1000, ESS AMT 1B, The whole Klipsch Heritage line, Altec Valencia, EPI 1000
towers etc. Some of the mentioned speakers are very accurate. So are the Klipschorns. You must have
them set up correctly, use clean gear upstream and feed it a well recorded source. If you feed poorly
recorded music, it will definitely be presented that way. The inverse is also true. Patricia Barber's Cafe
Blue or Jennifer Warnes's Famous Blue Raincoat is delightful. Reggae, Tusk and you just name it
sounds so heavenly on Klipschorns. Some people say that they are too big and in the way. In reality.
they are tucked away in corners and you may place almost anything directly in front of them with no
ill effect. They are beautiful, looking like a fine piece of furniture instead of a speaker. You could hang
a model of a SR-71 Blackbird above them with a sign that points with arrows up and down that reads,
performance made in AMERICA! I fear that soon they will be gone, so get you a pair as soon as you
can. They are so efficient, most people play then too loud. One watt is perfect and it sounds so pure
and it is still pumping 104 decibels of pure bliss. A lot of folks change the crossovers and try to
improve on the "measured system" and in my opinion make them worse. With the purchase of
Klipschorns, you can finally sit back and just Listen to the music. No more wondering if the sound is
audiophile worthy or not. Even a tiny T amp can make them sound so good. Take time to find a pair.
show the wife what she has been missing and see what has stood the test of time. Thank you
Paul Wilbur Klipsch for your wonderful gift, thank you Fred Klipsch for continuing to offer them. Happy
listening to all and may GOD bless you.