Klipsch KLF 30

Submitted by Wheelman990 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have to say, with the Crites titanium tweeter diaphrams, these speakers can't be beat for their price. Magnepan 1.6's were in their price range, as were many other great $1500-$2000 speakers, but none offer all the values of the KLF 30. I have owned many speakers from $300 pr-$6500pr. Here is my ratings, not based on price, but out of the best I have heard.

Output level- 10

sound quality-9
dynamics-7
imaging- 10
soundstage- 9

Klipsch KLF 30's-Those are great marks for a $1800 pr speakers(with Crites titanium tweeter diaphrams-$60 shipped). I have read the titanium mid diaphrams from Klipsch take these even further. Also Crites cross overs. Maybe someday I will try them. I feel the only thing that keeps the speakers from being amazing is the midrange. Its a bit forward at times IMO. Could be my room too though. Magnepan 1.6's with a sub are hard to beat, but that increases their cost, and still lack output if using for HT, etc

Submitted by Robert W. Harrison a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have owned these speakers for several years and they are the mainstay of my dedicated Home Theater Room. I have found them to be among the best speakers I have ever heard. I have many brands of quality speakers including B&W, Def Techs, and a set of the original Advent speakers. These Klipsch produce quality sounds for both Movies and Music. I would put them up against most any speakers to which I have listened. They are smooth and give excellent performance in all frequency ranges. I listened to both the KLF 30's and KLF 20"s and decided on the 30's. If you get a chance to audition them I can almost predict you will buy them.

Submitted by Da Long Ranga a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2012

Bottom Line:
I had a pair of these new with a Harman Kardon Citation system , When I tell you my neighbors
Hated me ,lol those speakers handled that High current pressure with ease , this duo sounds perfect at a high volume like no other , I think these beat the old JBL's that was made for Harman Kardon .

Submitted by Paul a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2012

Bottom Line:
I would like to start out by saying the KLF30 is one heck of a bargain for the price i paid for them($1500). Even though the speaker is out of production....they can be found and purchased used. It really pays off to drive these speakers with quality equipment. Had trouble with the cabinets in the beginning but reglued them and all has been fine ever since. I have owned these speakers for over ten plus years. (Mcintosh mc275 amp & C220 preamplifier ) Great Image, soundstage, tonal balance, crisp clean sound. For the money they are outstanding. When i purchased these i listened to quite a few others at the msrp$1800 price range...nothing compared to them. Great with all music! Cant say anything bad about them. KLIPSCH RULE!

Submitted by Brendan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have had these now for several months and i love them. My neighbor had 2 pairs of them and after hearing them i knew i had to have them. Hotel California off the eagles hell freezes over album sounds incredible. the guitars sound like they are in-front of me. They dont need much power to hit very high volumes with 102db sensitivity but can take a lot (200w rms). When i first bought them i had them hooked up to a Phase Linear 200 Series 2 amp with upgraded power supply capacitors. They sounded very nice and blew my old speakers out the door(JVC) I have them now connected a Adcom GFA-555 amp with a HItachi HCA-8500 MK2 preamp and they sound incredible. With the adcom amp they go to insane volumes now and are crystal clear all they way there. They really dont sound that loud because they are so clean. The bass is incredible and very smooth and clean but also capable of shaking the house along with the neighbors house to... All my friends who have heard them love how they sound right, never stressed in any way.