Klipsch KLF 10

Submitted by James92 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers after hearing these speakers at the home theater store. They are amazing; I can hear detail in my music that I previously had missed. They are unquestionably the best speakers I have ever heard for both music and home theater. They are incredibly efficient and clear sounding. These speakers are appropriately labeled "legend series." If you can find some take the time to listen to them. You may even be able to pick them up for a great price since they are no longer in production. The only drawback is that you need a larger room because they are large speakers and your neighbors may object to the volume of your music.

Submitted by phileserver39 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Great speaker. The imaging of the KLF-10s is precise and these speakers have great depth of sound field; especially when dealing with live albums. These speakers are best for the lover of live rock recordings. Actually, if I had one gripe about these speakers it would be that they are TOO forward/aggressive. I counter this with a tube preamp in my signal chain from a digital source. This trait may be desirable for someone who listens to a lot of live recordings and wants their speakers to sound more like the PA system in recorded venue.

You can usually scoop these on the cheap- check craigslist and EBayfor local finds. You should be able to pick these up starting around $200+ for the pair. Just make sure the woofers' rubber surrounds are OK. Even if they aren't just factor an $80/refoam/woofer into your negotiations. Audio reproduction worth many times the $ spent.

Submitted by Arthur Manuntag a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
the best pair of speakers for me so far more than my Bose 901 which i got rid of after buying this Klipsch klf10!

Submitted by luckyj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought these new in "98" after hearing "Days of the New" 1st album playing. At home ran them w/Marrantz SR7000 receiver and really liked the sound. My tastes run from various rock categories to jazz. In 2001 my musical world changed by purchasing separate amp and preamp, something I had'nt done in over 12 yrs. Talk about night and day difference, now I love my KLF10's. These spkrs are aggressive, like sitting in the front row at a concert. Listening levels are loud enough to hear the dynamics and not have my ears bleed. Driving these w/200 watts a side, they can crank though, because they are very efficient and take little power to drive them. A listening session is usually 2 to 5 hrs. and my ears are not fatigued afterwards. Relistening to some favorites: Dave Matthews(Under the Table),Jeff Beck(Wired),Days of the New(1st),Wishbone Ash(Nouveau Calls/all instrumental),Sarah Mc Lachlan(Fumbling Towards Ecstasy),Climax Blues Band(Rich Man), and Track #4 off of Steve Morse(Stressfest, love the bass guitar tone), keeps that smile on my face. If you enjoy Rock and Jazz I recommend you give the KLF10's a listen. My equip: Pre amps- Aragon 18K MK II,Acurus RL 11 Power amps- Acurus A200 and Hafler DH200 CD- Arcam CD 72T, Sony CDP CA8ES(for previewing mixed albums) Mini Disc- Sony MDS JB940, Sony MDS JE500 (analog use w/PC) Cables- Monster Z interconnects, Monster M 1.2 speaker

Purchased At:   Water St. Stereo, Sa

Submitted by 3038 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
These are the best speakers that I have heard for under $1000. They are crystal clear (thanks to the Tractrix Horn tweeter). Bass is okay for some types of music, but I prefer a powered sub for movie viewing. They bring out every detail in music and movies, so much detail that I find myself listening to my CDs as if I just brought them again. They also reveal poor recordings. Overall these are great speakers, I would recommed them to anyone looking for good, loud and clear sound.

Purchased At:   Costco