Klipsch KG.5
Description: bookshelf speaker

Submitted by Dusty Donnay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2014

Bottom Line:
Let me just say strait out... all the reviews are fine and these speakers are nice. However...that this review list and labels these as floorstanding speakers is utterly stupifying! I mean seriously! They are friggen speed bumps! you put these on the floor and you will trip over them! The sound will go under your couch! Who write this tripe? Listen people....before you think you are considering a "floor standing speaker", check out the dimensions.....dig out a large shoe box, and compare. Then put that shoe box where you think you want your LOW WATTAGE SMALL SPACE speakers to go! Please. Quit missrepresenting!

Submitted by Scott a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased my first set of these terrific speakers in 1996. I just upgraded my system to AC-3/DTS and discovered that I needed to match the original set. I lucked out on E-Bay and won a bid on my second set for $120.00. The same that I paid on the original set which were on closeout. The sound from these speakers is so real that when you close your eye you are there. They can handle the power and the volume will drive you right out of the room. Make sure to use a sub-woofer on a separate amplifier to handle your bass requirements. I was not ready to get rid of my first set in order to match my speakers. Go figure six years later I would pay the same price. There definitely worth it. To Aaron - Sounds like you have a speaker phase problem. One of your speakers might be wired wrong on the inside of the case. It's worth a look!

Purchased At:   Audio Store / E-Bay

Submitted by Steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am using these speakers for my rear surrounds in my all Klipsch DD/DTS Surround sound system and they rock. They have the capabilities to handle any amount of sound that they need to. I like my music and movies loud and these have no problems keeping up at all.

------------------------------------------------------------

And this is to Aaron.......

If you have these speakers soo badly......I'll give you $50 for them right now to stop you from whining.

Submitted by Aaron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers for over five years. I've tried them in big rooms, little rooms, dead rooms, lively rooms, with about 4 different amps, and all I can say is... these speakers are just plain awful. Absolutely zero bass response, and the harshest, screetching treble I've ever heard. I've taken these things out of storage about 5 times now, always thinking they'll sound better than I remember. Never.
I've heard plenty of other Klipsch speakers that I've liked, but I can't figure out what possessed me to buy these ones. For another $50, I got a pair of PSB Alpha's that would probably sound better than the Klipsch's if they were under water.

Submitted by Alco a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is probably the most musical speaker I've heard in my
own livingroom, yet. I went to a local HiFi-dealer to check out the Tannoy R2's and Dynaudio audience-40's and/or KEF-C35.
The Dynaudio sounded pretty good, so did the KEF's, finally
I heard the Tannoy R2's. I expected a lot of these speakers
since they were reviewed very well in different magazines.
Boy, what a dissapointment. It sounded ok, but then........
I saw those little ugly Klipsch speakers. I thought:"How can a Klipsch speaker be so cheap?" (only 300 Dutch guilders/about $150,-)
Just outta curiosity I hooked 'em up and wooow...now we're
talkin'! The sound was so natural and easy to enjoy. It
was very detailed and dynamic and also had a deep but controlled bass. The only drawback was it's horrible looks.
(H31-W22-D16,5 cm/black ash) Yikes.
But as soon as I heard them I forgot all about there looks.
These speakers dissapear and let you enjoy the music.
To me that's what a good, musical speaker is all about!

Purchased At:   bought second-hand