Klipsch KG 3.5
Description: Bass reflex w/ 8-in woofer, 1 horn tweeter

Submitted by JBF a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have owned these since new. They have been stellar. I think their sound is very dependent on the characteristics of the amp, the settings of the amp that is used to drive them and room in which they are placed. Sherwood 5.1 amp and hardwood floors gave these amazing sound. High power top-art Yamaha RXV459 really tinny with these yet with newer Klipsch F-20 amazing together. So Iput these back with an older Marantz PM-43 50wpc stereo amp and in a large room with carpet over concrete slab and gypsum walls and wow was I surprised! Deep but tight bass, crisp treble amazing wide sound stage, better imaging than 5 speaker set up in that room. With the right combination these speakers floored me again.

Submitted by Dwight Shumate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
Awesome sound. I purchased these recently for 50 bucks off craigslist. Lucky for me the seller had no idea what he was selling.
As with any Klipsch the mids and highs are crisp and roll nicely down to the lows. In my setup I don't use a sub. The mains are on hardwood floors over my basement and I guess I am picking up resonance that way. I disconnected my 10inch polk sub and am running the eq on my amp flat.
These will keep me happy for a couple years until I can pickup a set of R7s or something from the Heritage line.

Submitted by zjjordan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
I purchased these from Criags list for 100.00 and that was an absolute steal. These replace some Bose 701s and what a difference it make. The base is somewhat lacking put the clarity and high-end is amazing. Added to a good quality sub these will blow you away. I was so impress with these that I replaced the rest of my 7.1 setup with Klipsch.

Purchased At:   Craigs List

Submitted by Harry a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Klipsch horns produce a very crisp & clear reproduction that was unexpected. Depending on the quality of the CD being played or FM station's reception, the KG3.5 did well.

The Klipsch system is perfect to replace your old speaker system that came with your old HIFI. My original SONY system is 10 years old, however it's been great, and I didn't want to replace the whole system. The new Klipsch speakers indicated I didn't need to buy a whole new system, just replace the speakers...

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers reproduce excellent sounds in the high HZ ranges; however, the quality of bass appeared to be lacking. Initially I was disappointed with the bass, until I was advised to place the speakers at an angle approximately one foot from the corner on each side of the wall. Once I changed the location, the bass came alive. Therefore, proper placement of these speakers is the key consideration for producing bass. Now I love these speakers!

Purchased At:   Ubid