Klipsch KG 3.5
Description: Bass reflex w/ 8-in woofer, 1 horn tweeter

Submitted by Dwight Shumate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
Awesome sound. I purchased these recently for 50 bucks off craigslist. Lucky for me the seller had no idea what he was selling.
As with any Klipsch the mids and highs are crisp and roll nicely down to the lows. In my setup I don't use a sub. The mains are on hardwood floors over my basement and I guess I am picking up resonance that way. I disconnected my 10inch polk sub and am running the eq on my amp flat.
These will keep me happy for a couple years until I can pickup a set of R7s or something from the Heritage line.

Submitted by zjjordan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
I purchased these from Criags list for 100.00 and that was an absolute steal. These replace some Bose 701s and what a difference it make. The base is somewhat lacking put the clarity and high-end is amazing. Added to a good quality sub these will blow you away. I was so impress with these that I replaced the rest of my 7.1 setup with Klipsch.

Purchased At:   Craigs List

Submitted by Harry a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Klipsch horns produce a very crisp & clear reproduction that was unexpected. Depending on the quality of the CD being played or FM station's reception, the KG3.5 did well.

The Klipsch system is perfect to replace your old speaker system that came with your old HIFI. My original SONY system is 10 years old, however it's been great, and I didn't want to replace the whole system. The new Klipsch speakers indicated I didn't need to buy a whole new system, just replace the speakers...

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers reproduce excellent sounds in the high HZ ranges; however, the quality of bass appeared to be lacking. Initially I was disappointed with the bass, until I was advised to place the speakers at an angle approximately one foot from the corner on each side of the wall. Once I changed the location, the bass came alive. Therefore, proper placement of these speakers is the key consideration for producing bass. Now I love these speakers!

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by Derek Flannery a

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
First I went to Circuit City and listened to a pair of DCM short towers 10" 3 ways. The music he played was other worldy and dumb but they sounded great I contemplated buying them but then realized that I don't buy anything without first checking out Magnolia. Sure enough, my eyes caught the Klipsch line up. I told the dude that I wanted a pair of tower speakers for less than $400 and just looked at a pair of the DCM's, he used to work there and was familiar with those. He couldn't chose a favorite. Neither could I. He played some Moby and Metalica off of a 70 watt Denon amp because I've got a Yamaha with 70 watts. The music sounded clear loud and luscious. I bought these because the tweeters were far better than the DCM's, everything else was pretty comparable. Now I have an SC-1 Klipsch center channel and quintet surrounds. Klipsch is the shit. They make the bomb shit. Not a lot of companies in there class or price range can do it like they do, period. These speakers have amazing bass for 6 1/2's. They can move a lot of air. The horn tweeters are pretty insane. you've gotta turn the treble down quite a bit to be able to hang in there with em' Music in stereo is precise full and balanced with these. They sound just as good as the new klipsch SF series if not better. I mean the KG line. The thing which is cool about the newer ones is the floating grills. but at this time you can probably get a good buy on these. They're great.