Klipsch KG 2.5
Description: 2 way speakers

Submitted by robert harrow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
These speakers are an absolute pleasure to listen to. The soundstage and imaging may not be up to the standard of my Boston Acoustics A-200's, but the thing about these speakers is TONE!!! Absolutely gorgeous, with crisp and clear highs (not shrill at all), detailed mid-range and tight full bass. The general impression is one of clarity and warmth, and may i say "human-ness", and a lack of any kind of clinical sound. I am extremely happy with these, and have thus ended my quest for a satisfying speaker. Thanks Klipsch!

Submitted by Mike M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
Impressive clarity, balance and even base response at high listening volumes, especially considering the fairly small size of enclosure. At lower sound levels, though, male voices sound chesty and certain mid-base notes are boomy, as is often the case with ported systems. I was able to minimize some of that effect by lightly stuffing the ports with polyester fiberfill. There is virtually no deep base at low listening levels.
A very nicely finished product, though. Good quality construction, attractive and heavy for their size. I think these speakers are probably ideal for playing moderately loud in medium sized rooms. Sound good with jazz, acoustic guitar, piano and other not so complex musical arrangements. The sound gets a little muddledon loud passages when multiple instruments and voices are reproduced all at once. There is only so much a small box can do

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by joe fuca a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
After testing the Klipsch kg 2.5 against my B&W 601 and my Mission 700's all in the same room they came in last place.They had the worst sound quality, soundstage. I found a home for them as my my center flanked by a pair of chourus II and they mate well.I gave one kg 2.5 to my brother who has a pair of Cornwalls and he is happy also.

Purchased At:   estate sale

Submitted by apothecary247 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
Owned for close to 7 years and have never had a problem. Crystal clear, lifelike mids and highs; very powerful bass for a speaker of this size. Handles more power than you can stand to listen to, due to the high sensitivity. All of my friends can't believe the amount of sound these little guys throw - They're used to looking at huge, hulking towers. I've just purchased klipsch SC-1; SS-1; KSW-12 based on my fantastic experience with the KG 2.5's to round out the home theater.

Purchased At:   The Wiz

Submitted by macersl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for over 7 years and I can say they have never failed me. I origanally used them as just stereo setup and have since added dolby dig. and full speakers. The horn tweaker makes everything sound fuller, warmer, and more complex. However, it does not anything away from the intensity you think it would. When I bought these speakers I was planning to spend a lot more but any beat out anything twice the price. And after 7 years later not one ounce of quality has been lost. I got these with a big scratch on top and that is why they were so cheap. It is just a cosmetic flaw.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi-Fi