Klipsch Forte
Description: 3 way horn loaded with passive radiator

Submitted by Murphy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2014

Bottom Line:
Klipsch Fortes
Best speaker ever made, by anyone, for any price
And I have owned them all...
I put them in my will
Enjoy the trip

Submitted by Anthony Schmitz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought my Klipsch Fortes in Japan at the Naval Exchange in Yokota in 1989. They have moved with me back to the states, to Germany and back and to retirement from the military in Washington State. Without a doubt the most dynamic set of speakers I have heard or owned...all original parts as well. I also own Bose and Boston Acoustics and, although good in their own right, and taking up less space, can't compare to the Fortes. They are definitely the top choice for the Man Cave. Nothing better than listening to Shostakovich's 5th Symphony or Mahler's 8th "Symphony of a Thousand"...but to really hear the dynamic range (and risk the neighbors visiting) listen to Camille Saint-Saëns Organ Symphony (3d Symphony). Yea and C,S,N & Y stills sounds great on them to.

Submitted by scott moore a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of Forte speakers in 1988 for 1100 dollars. The Fortes motivated me to upgrade all my other stereo equipment since. The speakers have provided many evenings of enjoyment over the last 20 plus years. When I purchased them I really wanted the chorus speakers because they produced a better botttom through the base speaker, 15" as apposed to 12" in the forte. The forte produces a good clean live-loud sound which compliments my musical tastes, 60's era acid rock, they are also great for jazz music. They can be bright sounding with some amplifiers, and are better when used with an equalizer. I have not had to repair them . I plan to purchase a pair of heresys to compare them to, and to add another pair of Klipsch to my home. The Fortes are a great value - used, when compared to the other traditional Klipsch models available on ebay.

Submitted by wuboyblue a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
Okay, I am a Klipsch bigot when it comes to heritage series, nothing comes close. My Forte II's, in conjunction with a Quartet center channel provide a sound stage not likely to be rivaled by many in the RF series.

The Forte II's are efficient, open sounding with sparking highs, midrange unparalleled and enough bass to provide that visceral feeling to really add dimensionality to music and movies. Sure, since 1995 I have swapped out the tweeter diaphragms with Crites Titanium and the squawker diaphragms the new Crites diaphragms. This was not out of inadequacy or wear of the originals, but because I want these speakers to live for a long time. The new RF replacement is really no match in the midrange area, these were real horns designed by the master himself.

Brand new, the Forte II's were around $1,100, today you can get a pair for somewhere between $600 and $1,000, depending on condition and finish. The price point gave consumers the option of a full range speaker at a price lower than the Cornwall. I have a pair of Cornwall II's, I like the Forte II's better. Klipsch and Bob Crites after market support is better than amazing.

Klipch is one of those timeless companies, having rarely turning out a bad product and between the Heritage line and the more modern RF and Palladium series they still reign supreme.

Submitted by Ishar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of forte in 1988. I still have them. 5 years ago the tweeter went out and I called Klipsch and I was able to purchase a pair of diaphram for about $25 and They walked me through to install then and that took about 10 mins. My speakers were good as new again. This is the best pair of speakers I ever owned. I will buy Klipsch again and strongly recommend it to anyone wants quality sound. I power these babys with yamaha 100 watts. If you buy Klipsch,it will be the last brand you will ever buy. FYI I paid $1200 for the pair in 1988. WOW.