Klipsch F-2
Description: <ul> <li>6.5-inch magnetically shielded</li> <li>Two speaker level inputs</li> <li>1-inch aluminum-dome</li> </ul>

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased these speakers to replace an old set of B&W's. While some reviewers are dissatisfied with the bass response, I find the overall blend of highs/mids/lows to be about right. Most folks, in my opinion, like way too much bass and think there is not enough unless the walls are shaking even at low volume levels. I use the F-2's as the sole speakers for my primary audio system and am very satisfied (I even unplugged the subwoofer I was using to support the B&W's). I listen to everything from classical to heavy metal and find them to be good for all types of music.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by aasenatrix a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2008

Bottom Line:
I was on a quest for a great set of tower speakers to replace my psb 600i speakers. After some extensive searching I came across these at best buy. With a regular price of 1009.99 CDN I got a real steal. I attached them to my Yamaha RX-V1300 receiver and was immediately pleased with the sound.
The reinforced woofers allow for much deeper bass extension then I would've expected. I find these speakers can be pushed harder and to higher volumes than others I have tried before. The bass drivers are of comparable quality to Mission speakers. I still can't believe Best Buy sells anything this good!
High frequencies are often harsh (it is a dome tweeter) but can be adjusted to yield pleasant sound. I found that they were even painful at high volumes but as my receiver allows for individual speaker adjustment I have corrected them.
After 7 months, I couldn't imagine my system without them. The cherry wood looks stunning, the sound is amazing...and I can leave my subwoofer off most of the time.

Purchased At:   Best Buy Canada

Submitted by dexfx69 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
For the price, these sound pleasing. The highs can be harsh at first, but I've heard within a hundred hours or so the highs smooth out considerably. I've heard the RF82s, though, and the 3D virtual soundstage is vastly superior on the RF82s. At almost double the price, of course. These are a great buy though.

Purchased At:   Best Buy Canada

Submitted by Tim Hennig (Appleton, WI) a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
These speakers rock! and I mean rock the house down!

Purchased At:   Best Buy