Klipsch CF-3
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Response: 35Hz-20kHz±3dB</li> <li>Sensitivity: 100dB 1watt/1meter</li> <li>Power Handling: 250 watts maximum continuous</li> <li>Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms</li> <li>HF Crossover: 1500Hz</li> </ul>

Submitted by Kirb Marriott a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
Started being garage speakers, then room to room. I took these 200.00 Klipsch for granted. I did spray the inside with deadner. Iv',e owned my share of speakers, to many horns, but these may have been one of the better all around klipsch iv,e played with. The easiest to live with in my opinion. Kirb Marriott

Submitted by John a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
A great pair of speakers but a bit heavy on the bass.

Submitted by underthevolcano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have these cf-3 speakers and I have yet to find a pair of speakers that better these significantly at any sane/resonable price. I endure the Klipsch haters comments that these aren't audiophile enough. Well, I will tell you that are extremely musical, pleasing speakers to listen to day in and day out. They are efficient, smooth, clear, and have a very involving mid-range. The bass is not low, but it is adequate for most music. They are not as "present" as Heresy speakers but they are still very realistic.Hard to find anywhere-only made for about 3 years and didn't sell all that well I guess. They should be brought back as part of the Heritage series IMHO.

Purchased At:   store closing

Submitted by walizerad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
BACKGROUND:

I bought these on ebay for $400 and paid good money for shipping due to the size. I listen to a multitude of different music giving me a broad base for evaluation.

The first thing I can say is the set I have is a generation 1 set. They have the 6 inch ports on the bottom not the 2 inch ports. The difference is that the generation 1 speakers are geared towards a HiFi sound where the gen2/3 are geared towards classic klipsch sound. I think that they truely do sound like a hifi set of speakers as apposed to klipsch rock focused speakers like you find at best buy.

These speakers are also very large. I was not expecting them to be this size, they are like small fridges. They have 2 10-inch woofers with rubber surrounds and a large horn tweeter with the tweeter being between the two subs.

SETUP:

I have these bi-wired and bi-amped using marantz mono blocks with a 8-inch velodyne sub and a Marantz SR-7000 as a preamp. I have typically used larger subs with my speakers but have found that with these speakers setup in a stereo mode that I only have the small sub turned up to 2 out of 10.

SOUND:

These speakers have a very warm and somewhat un-klipsch-like sound. They are not strong on the top end and have the mids that the modern ones are missing. The sound stage is very expansive and they will make your room feel larger. Having them in a bi setup makes a difference in the sound and really adds to the clarity. They do fall just a little short in the low end dispite their size but they only need a small helping hand, I mean an 8 inch velo on 2 is not putting much bass out. Also, make sure your bi-wire setup go into the right terminals with thicker gauge to the top set. They also have a very tight reproduction of sound. They are not boomy or over powering and display great balance. The sound sound very much like top end Thiel speakers or Martins. I don's think I will find something close to these for the price I paid, they sound like thousand plus speakers easily.

Submitted by putitupmike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have a chance to trade for different K's but have no idea if it is a good one.
Someone has offered me a pair of KG 5.2's for the Epic's and they both sound aobut the same. He wants the trade badly and is a pretty good friend. Would you do it?

Purchased At:   Craigs List