KLH H12B
Description: 12" 3-Way 170 Watt Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by TubeHead a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
These are far from audiophile quality speaker but for 100 bucks these suckers perform surprisingly well.

I friend of Mine Just bought a NAD Integrated amp and a Sony SACD player. I am Building a pair of speakers for him so to Hold himself over till they are done he grabbed a pair of these speakers with out even a listen becouse they are soooo inexpensive.

First thing we noticed was the speakers were extreamly boomy. Upon further inspection we realized there was little to no dampening material. We made a quick trip the fabric store an bough some $1.00 a bag poly-fill. These helped alot and tightened up the bass response, even seemed to increase the lower limits of the bass respons as well . if you own a pair or considering buying them DO THIS SIMPLE MOD you will thank me later. If your handy with tools you might want to consider adding some wood braces since the cabinet is fairly flimsy. I havn't tried this yet but it should further increas the bass quality.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Sam Carter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great speakers... I've had mine for about 8 months now, and they sound great! I am using a Kenwood VR-405 reciever which is pumping about 200 watts a channel...

Purchased At:   Fred Meyers

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have owned these speaker for a few months now. I paid $129.99 for them which is about $20 under the retail price. When I first had them hooked up, I only had 20 watts per channel going to them, and they were pounding. I later purchased a more powerful Sony Receiver that was pumping 120 watts into each channel. The sound was unbelievable. The bass was bone crunching. It sounding clear and crisp. I would definetly recommend these speakers to anyone who wants sweet sounding speakers and doesn't want to break their wallet. Keep up the good work KLH.