JS Engineering Infinite Slope
Description: 3 way floor standing design using 2 10" woofers, 6.5" midrange and 1" tweeter. Bi-wire/Bi-amp capable. Sealed enclosure. Speaker weighs about 100 lbs

Submitted by Howard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought a set of JSE Infinite Slope Model 2 speakers off Ebay. The speakers weigh 125lbs each. Cool thing was...the guy selling them lived right down the street. I love these speakers. I believe most if not all of the drivers were Dynaudio. Well I've replace all the drivers...most importantly the tweetes. I installed Jantzen tweeters. What a beautiful sound! I'm powering these things with all Adcom. The amp is an old GFA-555. These speakers are crystal clear...and if you wanna turn em up...holy moly! If you can get your hands on em.....enjoy man!

Submitted by Mwalsdor_cscc_edu a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
Ran across this by accident and thought I'd add my review. I'm the original owner of the Infinite Slope Model 1's in piano black and red grilles. I purchased these in 1986 for $920. Shortly there after I bought the spiked 5" medal stands - good investment as the OEM casters were a weakness. I used these as my primary speakers until they were replaced in 2000 by the Silverline Sonatina's which I paid $3800. Compared to the Silverlines the Slopes hold up pretty well. Greater base extension but don't perform the disappearing act of the Sonatinas. While both have soft dome tweeters the Sonatinas are more extended and a good bit smoother.

I drove the Slopes with a modest NAD amp until 5 years later I brought home a Dynaco ST-70 and found out what they could really do - wow! I later upgraded to a Golden Tube Audio SE-40. After getting the Silverlines I upgraded to a VAC 35/35 integrated amp [great product] and finally the Moth Audio 45 SET I'm currently using. I never hooked up the Slopes to either of the latter two but I'm sure it would have really swung with the PP VAC.

The Slopes have been stored for a number of years but are currently seeing duty in my home theatre. The speakers have performed flawlessly, the only mods were to replace the stock binding posts with solid Rhodium. I aced the red grille covers years ago as the glossy piano finish is too beautiful to cover.

Submitted by MothAudio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2010

Bottom Line:

I drove the Slopes with a miodest NAD amp until 5 years later I brought home a Dynaco ST-70 and found out what they could really do - wow! I later upgraded to a Golden Tube Audio SE-40. After getting the Silverlines I upgraded to a VAC 35/35 integrated amp [great product] and finally the Moth Audio 45 SET I'm currently using. I never hooked up the Slopes to either of the latter two but I'm sure it would have really swung with the PP VAC.

Submitted by David a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
Great Infinite Slope speakers in black lacquer finish. Tweeter on one is shot. Does anyone know how I can replace it? Thanks.

Submitted by photom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
Reviewed: JSE Model 2a (10" & 12" woofers instead of 2 sets of 10's)

I purchased the Model 2's (demos) in 1989, and I will probably pass on before the speakers do. I'm not a true "audiophile" so these are purely subjective opinions.

Warm, smooth and sweet (oops, I don't mean to bring sex into this). Anyway, I love them.

I never knew the potential of these speakers until I upgraded the amp, preamp, and interconnects. Years ago, I heard that they didn't need a subwoofer, but I never understood what that meant until recently. I now hear on some CD's (or should I say "feel" more than "hear") bass I never knew existed. Not only that, I never knew the high end existed like it does now! Sparkling clear on some CD's (and you discover which CD's are the better quality...some of my favorites aren't so great after all, and some that I never cared to listen to are becoming my new favorites). Those speakers disappear in a beautiful wall of sound I never experienced before.

There's a new meaning for me in the saying, "garbage in, garbage out" (no, I won't say what I had before upgrading...I don't believe in bad-mouthing anyone...the previous equipment just didn't match well with the JSE's). I can't believe what I was missing for the past 15+ years.

These are (I think) very revealing speakers...bad CD's sound bad good CD's sound better...if there's bass, you'll hear or feel it, same goes for the highs (except you won't feel those). I'm willing to bet I still haven't heard their full potential. I may never be able to AFFORD to! If you manage to get a pair, keep in mind that these may be a bit fussy about what drives them (my present equipment: Musical Fidelity A3CR amp, Bryston BP-20 preamp, Linn Genki CD player, Audioquest Gibralter speaker cables, Audioquest Vampire interconnects (will be upgrading to Jaguar hopefully), Audioquest and Kimber Kable power cords.

Finally, a comment I heard: An audio dealer told me that I would have to spend about $6,000 to get speakers of comparable quality to the Model 2's. True or not, I don't know. I'm sure there are better speakers that may cost less than that but, for me, these are priceless...music to my ears.

Purchased At:   Sound Advice (1989)