JPW ML310
Description: Bookshelf Loudspeaker

Submitted by Music Man a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great treble and mid range, bass is good up to a point, but perhaps it's because i use a pioneer sx-1250 with them. Very pleasing for price!

Purchased At:   richer sounds

Submitted by Audio Man a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
The 310’s are excellent value for money, providing a clear concise and refined midrange and treble. They lack a little in bass, but then they are small and u can’t have everything, can you? I’m using them as my rear speakers on a home cinema system; once you place them at the correct distance from the back wall (if u have one) they sound great combined 510’s at the front.

Purchased At:   Richersounds

Submitted by Alaster Tan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
This pair of bookshelf sounds as good as if not better then B&W loudspeakers around the same price range in the past. I am a B&W loudspeaker fan but must confessed that B&W does have its misses also but not the 800matrix or nautilus series. JPW 310's mid and highs freq. bands are beautiful, I feel that they are more on the brighter side but nice to me. They will take on B&W V201i and trash them except the bottom end.

If I were to get a budget hi-fi system or even home theatre system (I am not a home theatre nut by the way) I will get this delightful JPW 310s and add a e.g. REL subwoofer to fill up the bottom end. With a subwoofer added the stereo spread just seem to increase. I believe JPW + REL (Carver's Sunfire true subwoofer might prove too lively for 310s) is a winning combination. This combination will be better then the BOSE lifestyle system in my own humble opinion.

Overall rating, I gave it four star because the bass can be more - then again the sound might be compromised. Nevertheless it is a killer-winner.

BTW you cannot trust my review completely because one man's meat is another man's poison. So don't take my word for it besides I am a stranger.

Go audition them yourself.

"Listen and you'll see." Copyright B&W loudspeaker, England

Purchased At:   Hung Brothers, Sim Lim Sq

Submitted by Todd Croteau a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I use these speakers in my bedroom system mounted on suitable, stable speaker stands with a Harman/Kardon integrated amp and an NAD CD Player. I have never been as happy with a speaker purchase in my life. I can recommend these to anyone desiring a small quality speaker system for a moderately sized space. Bi-wiring these speakers really open up the the midrange and improve the soundstage as well.

Submitted by Michael Thorp a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
These little speakers are GREAT!! I auditioned these speakers against the similarly price NHT SuperOne, and Paradigm MiniMonitors, and found that I liked these better. Against the NHT, the jpw had a fuller bottom end, and overall they were more detailed and had a fairly warm midrange compaired to the NHT's almost sterility. The Minimonitors bass was much fuller than the JPW's, and perhaps the detail was a tiny bit better, but I also thought that the MiniMonitor's treble was harsh by comparison. The SuperOne, MiniMonitor, and 310 are all good speakers and are worth auditioning depending on your needs and wants, but I would have to say that I think these JPW's are the best bookshelf under 600 bucks.