Jensen J1

Submitted by brad nolan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
i got the j-1 over ubid about two years ago, and i still think these things are great. they sound just fine, but my only problem is when a movie is turned up too loud, and the 15" can't keep up with fast bass. this only happened(s) when i turn my reciever up to loud, way too loud.

the only complaint i have, is that i wish it was either heavier or more sturdy. the box is pretty light for its size, which isn't always good.

overall i'm pretty happy with the j1, and i'm keeping it as part of the backbone of my system.

Purchased At:   ubid.com

Submitted by Sam Rook a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
Ok, I bought the Jensen J1 loudspeakers with dual 5" mids, horn tweeter, and a nicely added bonus of a 15 inch subwoofer. The speakers themselves look impressive enough that you want to keep the blackscreen cover off so you can see those boys hit!!! But now to the issue as to why someone would want to buy them... I was so anxious to try them out that i didn't bother with a full installation and hooked them up to my roomates 100W x 2 pioneer receiver... Music sounded nice, but where was that bass from those massive 15" woofers? After being slightly dissapointed I decided to hook them up to their own amplifier and I was blown away!!! The horn tweeters produced some nice high's and to my delight some tight hard hitting bass... The speakers are listed for about 175 each, but I'm sure you can find a better deal... I personally paid 175 for the pair, if you know what i mean... Don't be afraid to cut a deal...

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile