Jensen C-7
Description: Jensen C-7 6 1/2" 3-Way Floor Standing Speaker(Each)

Submitted by niggy d a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
ok ima lay it down for u idiots. first for some of u that think these suck it is probably because u didnt pick that right stereo to power them. i have four of these on a sharp stereo and my stereo is perfect for these speaker because it gives out the perfect amount of power. second go out and spend some money on some good wire for them. 20 awg wire just aint gonna cut it. spend some money on monster cables, perferably 12 awg. with the monster cable you are gettin better sound quality. for the hiss in the tweeters just simply buy a better crossover and or chang the equalizer. now what i did is went out and bought aftermarket tweeters and unhooked the jensen stock ones and let me say it sounds better. also i bought some car 2 way 6 1/2 speaker, the only reason i didnt want to go with 3 way is becuase it would b to much tweeter in my system. i only put 4 6 1/2 car speakers in it (on the top 6 1/2 speaker). since i replaced the stock ones with aftermarjet ones my system is alot better and sounds amazing. jensen isnt the best the best brand but if u put some money into them they will sound good. im soon the replace the bottom 6 1/2 stock speakers with aftermarket mid bass woofer to increas the bass.

Submitted by gmilitano a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
OVERALL
I purchased these speakers on boxing day for $66 Canadian. For that price I figured they would make a good set of bedroom speakers so I picked up two pairs. Considering the price I paid, these are very good speakers and outperform many $200 bookshelfs and $250 towers.

SOUND
The speakers have dual 6.5" woofers which deliver suprisingly good bass. The woofers are paper cones, so keep your punchy girlfriend away from them.

The midrange and tweeter seem a little too harsh and there is some hiss. A cheap fix is to adjust your treble .. the proper fix would be to replace the cheap crossover.

SUMMARY
These speakers have good overall sound and at their price are an excellent purchase. They are ideal for your secondary system in the bedroom or basement.

Purchased At:   Visions Electronics

Submitted by Paul a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
If you want these to sound better, you probably want to beef it up abit.

First Testing:

When I first got it, it sounded ok. The highs were too harsh. And I couldn't stand the hiss. The bass was alright.

Finding:

After all that, I took them apart to discover that a cheap crossover mounted behind the tweeter.

Action:

So I took out the tweeter, went out and bought a dayton silk tweeter and a dayton crossover at partsexpress.com. I had to enlarge the hole for the tweeter but everything else went smoothly.

Conclusion:

After all that, I retested it using the original receiver. The sound was noticeably cleaner. The highs is now crystal clear, and the bass is now tighter. When I use a more powerful receiver (120 x 2 with bass boost), I couldn't believe my ears. They were wow. The sound was so clear, so clean. The bass respond was even better. It was deep, quick and yet not boomy. I guess I did the right thing by taking these speakers as a speaker kit, and transfor them from ok sound to $800 sound.

Submitted by Jake Phish a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these for my brother. He needed cheap speakers, wanted something that sounded really good, and didnt cost much. He never got them. I kept them. They sounded better than my Boston VR20s. I thought I was crazy. I had friends listen, and didnt tell them which speakers were the better ones, and they always picked the Jensens. Admittedly, the design is not nearly as good as other brands, and they dont use cutting edge parts. They have paper woofers, and they dont sit nicely on hard floors without adding pads of some sort. The protective covers for the speakers are cheap and the user must take caution in moving these towers. But in my mind, I buy speakers for their sound. A good speaker is judged by its ability to represent the audio recording. THese do it beautifully. I have a DVD-Audio player, and this provided the real test, due to its dynamic range in frequencies and detail which CDs dont have. These performed up to par. I woudl agree though that their Bass should be supplemented for Surround Sound users, but for stereo listeners they are great out of box.

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by TheKonk a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
ok, these were my first speakers that i owned for HT use. now im only 13 and i have a complete home theatre, so i picked these because of their very low rice, and tht they were 3 way floorstanders. Anyway, I thought these are very good speakers for the price paid. They have tight bass with the dual 6.5" woofers and a good midrange. The bad thing about these is that the midrange often over powers the tweeter. Sometimes i have to put my ear up t the tweeter to see if it's working. And those woofers look awfully cheap (paper cones). These speakers are good if you have a tight budget and are just starting (like me). I never heard these destort and can handle a significant amount of power (170 watts). If you hook these up with a subwoofer, you would never know you were listenng to Jensens.

Purchased At:   ubid