JBL Movies 1
Description: Sat-Sub System

Submitted by Edward Kosinski a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
Package consists of one black enclosure SAT 10 center channel speaker with 1/2" and 3.5" drivers; and two white Surround satellites with 3.5" drivers and a tuned port. As a beginner, I picked up this package at auction for the price of $28. I was satisfied with the sound from the SAT 10 speaker, but the satellites seem weak. I looked for and purchased two more SAT 10's for surround speakers. The Surround speakers are now down my basement on my old Pioneer SX-434. I don't think anyone but a very early novice would be satisfied with this package.

My setup is a Sherwood 8090 receiver, Jensen front speakers and DCM VSL-2 subwoofer.

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
Got this set from UBID, who is selling tons of them. Includes a center, and two satellites. These are the first surround speakers I have tried, so I'm probably really unqualified to rate them...BUT...they have really added to my enjoyment of movies. They certainly provide adequate effects, and I was thoroughly impressed when I put Pink Floyd's "The Wall" into them in Dolby Digital format. They work great for an entry level into home theatre but the audiophile will want better specs and power handling.