JBL LX-800
Description: (See reviews)

Submitted by boy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
heb 4 lx100 op marantz sr14 mk2 en ben zeer te vreden klinkt super zo wel stero als dts

Submitted by Soran a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
I listen to many music styles, from classical piano, cello ... to trance, I have the LX-1000 with the extra woofer. i'm very impressed by this speakers. maybe it sound a little thud, when you like more hights you don't have to buy this speakers, but i don't like to much hights so i realy like the sound. perfect for classical music. the base is just amazing when i put my loudness on, i can create more shokwave than the subwoofer in my car. I use my Rotel RX-1603 receiver (1000 watts power consumption) i tested it with my sanyo receiver (580watts power consumption) and the base is not what it supose to be, so good advice use a good amp !

Purchased At:   2ehands

Submitted by dj Charly a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I actually have the lx1000 model, and I purchased it because I was looking for a speaker that could go loud and low. That `was` the sound I heard in store but not when I played them at home. High`s are too sharp, and they don`t give the low`s you would expect since this is a very large speaker. There are probably other people that like it, I expected much a lot more.

Purchased At:   Stassen (Venlo Holla

Submitted by Tom Alaerts a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
This model was designed and made in Europe for European tastes. At launch time, it was the reference in its rice category according to a German magazine (if you care about magazines...). I was one of the early buyers, in later years they were sold for very attractive prices (around $350-400 per pair) in Europe. When I bought them, I compared the sound to similar or slightly higher priced models from Linn (it was the Keilidh, a box that interested me at the time), Tannoy, Infinity, Quadral. I prefered the JBLs over the other speakers at the price (the Quadrals came close) because they did sound lively yet essentially neutral and effortless. They are now connected to Quad pre/power amps and I have to say that it's a good marriage.

Submitted by Ruben Petersen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very nice speaker with good sound, clear high-tones, great mid-tones, and a good bass without any distortion at all (even at high volumes)

Purchased At:   Megapool