JBL Control Monitor 4312A

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
In 1977 I was one of the project members who deisgned and constructed Motown's new offices at Hollyyood and Argyle in Los Angeles. The JBL speakers were reqested by Fuller Gordy ( Berry Gordy's Brother and head of Motown facilites) to be installed in every executive office. This included the offices Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and Smokey Robinson. After hearing the speakers perform and thinking that it they were good enough for those folks they would be good for me, I ordered a pair and have used them since then. These are great speakers allow me to enjoy my eclectic taste (Soul to Jazz to Pop to Big Band) i music. They have served my for 30 years. What a buy!

Submitted by Randy Little a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased the JBL 4312B back in the early 90's to replace my old JBL 100 that I had. I've been using them for over 14 years now and they still kick A##. I mostly listen to classic rock and they are still as good as the day I purchased them. I purchased my first pair of JBLs back in 1977 and have never owned anything but JBL. The 4312's have been shipped all over the world in my traveling with the US Air Force and they have heald up great. Now that I am retiring from the Air Force I am looking into buying another set of JBL's but these old 4312's will still be hanging around some where in my house

Purchased At:   Air Force Exchange

Submitted by joe piermatteo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
A true glimpse of studio quality sound.
Listent to old Hendrix, Stones,Mountain
thru these speakers and you will then truly know what Glyn John's and his peers
were really doing. This music just sounds
right thru JBL monitors

Purchased At:   Stereo warehouse

Submitted by akebono92 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is for the 4312Bs. My friend has had a pair of 4311Bs for years. These 4312Bs are the best speakers I have ever heard for the price. The Lows, Mids, and Highs are very crisp. The imaging is incredible.

I got the black cabinets which is also rare. These speakes are turning into a rare breed unless JBL plans to release similar Pro Monitors in the Future.

I have the S-38IIs and thought they sounded good until I heard the 4311/4312 series. Not to knock the S-38, they will become my rear speakers.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by bcuylee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers to replace and older set of 4-way Pioneer speakers. I had limited listening time in the store but purchased them anyway. To be blunt, these babies "KICK". I will not go into all the finer details but my listening preferences are vinyl and cds (in that order) From Louis Armstrong to ZZ Top. They continue to surprise me after 7 years.

Purchased At:   MCRD