Infinity Systems RS 6000

Submitted by Tim ODonnell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2015

Bottom Line:
Bought RS 6000 and RS 1000 with NEC AVR 1000 surround sound receiver at a yard sale for $35.00 total. I had to re-foam all the speakers $60.00. Replaced 1 cross over unit in 1 of the 6000's $25.00 for a pair, got a spare. Now the speakers sound and work like new. I have had different Infinity's before and loved them. These really thump the base with the 2, 10" woofers. Mids and tweets are excellent. I have replaced the NEC with a Teac AG-V2050, awesome. It pays to look at yard/garage sales.

Submitted by Tom K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2014

Bottom Line:
Bought these with a Yamaha R-9 receiver in the 80's and were fairly expensive for the time. Repurchased in 2014 used and they are as awesome as they were in the 80's . What speakers can you name that are viable 30 years later?

Submitted by magic_ears a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought these new around 1990. Fantastic speakers…audio bliss. The woofers are over 15 years old and have to be re-coned. There are 2 woofers for each speaker, the shop wanted around 400$CAN to do the job. I decided to buy new speakers. Now I am testing out new speakers. I have to say that I am disappointed with the new gear out there. The only speakers that come close to moved my soul (for the price) were the magnepan mg12 and paradigm monitors 11. Although they both have different kinds of sound.

For jazz and strings these infinities are soooo sweet, the clarity and sharpness are superior to the speakers that I heard. The base of these speakers adds warmth to the sound that when you compare to others; they sound thin. I can only afford to spend around $1000 so that limits my choices. I can’t believe how these speakers sound compared to contemporary gear. 15 years has made a big difference in my other gear, i.e. upgraded to better sounding CD player, and receiver. Noticeable differences and improvement in sound quality from my original source equipment (particularly price : sound qulaity ratio). Not so with these speakers. I am going to keep them and when I have the time and courage I will try to re-cone them myself.

Submitted by pangl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this pair purely out of curiousity. I drove them using my Mark Levinson #26 preamp and #23 power amp.

I think they sounded good back then, not now. May be my pair's need some serious part replacements due to its age. I don't know.

The bass is very impressively fast and deep and plenty.

But the mids and highs are disappointing. Imaging is poor, soundstage is narrow.

They do sound much better than those Wharfedales.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Brian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've owned these speakers since new. Don't
remember the exact year but it's pre 1995!

Still play and sound like new! My greyhound one day knocked one of the speakers over splitting open and cracking the enclosure. If anyone knows how to repair them please email me @ keeferseven@hotmail.com.

Purchased At:   Boulder, Co