Infinity Systems Delta 40
Description: Floorstanding 3-way with 8" woofer, 4" mid, and Emit-R tweeter

Submitted by Migueli_5 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Estas cajas son impresionantes, no habia visto nada igual po ese precio, graves contundentes, agudos nitidos y limpios, son una pasada¡¡¡¡¡¡

Submitted by Tai Chou a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers are absolutely wonderful. I liked them so much and went out and bought pair of Infinity Delta 60s. I have my Delta 60s hooked up to my HPS-1000 and my 40s to the HPS-500. Both sound terrific. I've always been curious about the increase of clarity if it were a ribbon tweeter...but for now, I won't whine.

Purchased At:   ebay & ubid

Submitted by Dave Frascona a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers for a year and eight months. Got them from Ubid for about 350.00 which I'm still very pleased about. UPS even dropped one as it was cosmetically damaged upon arrival. After numerous conversations with ubid and UPS I gave up on any credit and refused to return them as they of course couldn't ship another set. One corner had sepeation of the plastic black finish so I just glued it back and used a Black Sharpie to fill in any areas that showed the wood. Sounds aweful but you can't tell. Still worked great, and after a few days I couldn't bare to send them back.

After reading a few reviews I was inspired to comment. These speakers are excellent. I'm amazed anyone could call them junk. They must have gotten different speakers than I did or otherwise I have an ear for crap. The Emit tweeters are unbeatable. The tower's Box and unique shape is impressive, mids are clean, and bass is adequate. Lows are definately this speakers weakest point, but they are still very strong for the 8" driver. I have considered a sub especially with the addition of a DVD for home theater, but these things are real work horses. I just don't see the necessity of a sub (granted I don't have one). I've had subs in the past but not in a home theater system. I hate the muddy bass they can have and these speakers produce tight, crisp, punchy bass. I'm sure the 60's are even better. They have preformed perfecetly since day one and I too started listening to music I haven't played in a long while just to hear what I was missing. They still impress me almost two years later.

This is a great product, maybe a bit steep if your paying MSRP, but myself and the other net setters got an aboslute steal. Infinity has lived up to their reputation for me without a question!!

By the way the spikes fell out of the box that was dropped and Infinity was super, sending me a new set of two for free. I just emailed them and they sent me back the replacements right away. Great customer service. Rare.

4 stars because I know better products are available, but these are the best I've heard.

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by N H a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
This product is piece of crap!!! I think even cheapo speakers from KLH sound close to these things. I was extremely disappointed by the muddy bass and the weak midrange. Please do not tell me that I need re-configure my system, which I have tried (already).

How should but them? If you want to impress people that you just buy expensive products that look good (and that's about it). If you don't believe give 'em a listen.

Submitted by mic a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
When I read reviews, I try to look for the ones that critisizes the product. That way I can see what the faults are and decide if I can live with them. That being said, it was hard for me to decide on Delta40 because there were no bad reviews. NONE. not here and not anywhere. I haven't heard a single person who gave these speakers a bad review. Even a guy at my local hifi store (which sells JBLs only) recommended them to me.

So I auditioned the delta40s for a week at my house. Originally the plan was to get these from an expensive store who allows trials and return them and find a cheaper one. But when I heard the quality and the accuracy, I couldn't bring myself to return them. I rather spend the extra money than part with the delta 40s for a week or so.

These speakers truely belong among the Gods :)

P.S. What da hack is John K on?.. this is Delta40 section. If you have a product that is not listed, you tell the Webmaster. Not put the review where ever you see fit. Idiots like that don't deserve speakers like these.... he'll probably hook them up to his walkman