Genelec 1030A
Description: Small Active monitors

Submitted by raffello a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
The best little monitor around!! I've bee mixing and mastering music in a full time studio for 15 years and have used all kinds of high end monitors, I have to say the 1030's are amazing!!

The Genelec's are extremely flat and true to the sound you need for mixing music. The other people here who say these monitors aren't doing a great job, DON'T KNOW SOUND FOR MIXING!!!

Submitted by Vijay Angre a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Genelec 1035 A is good Near Field Monitor I’ve used this monitor for more then 5 years in combination with SSL 4000 G+ & Genelec 1035 B as Far Field Monitor .The Bass Tilt & Bass Roll Off are very well designed control parameters & also result best, Your good understanding of monitor acoustic output performance with respect to the input signal will help to produce the excellent result with Genelec 1030 A

Submitted by Antimateria a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
I run recording studio and here is my opinion about 1030A
Listening to Genelec is like eating sugar. They lie across the whole range. No mid-range, just tsi tsi tsi and boo boo boo, each bass drum sounds the same it’s impossible to find the proper EQ…
I understand why self-appointed audiophiles feel affection for them but for serious mixing it’s a disaster.

Submitted by Neil13us a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
Genelecs, and this model in particular, have become ubiquitous over the last decade; having, thankfully, replaced the Yamaha NS-10M. I think that is the role to which they are the best suited- a standard speaker. While I prefer any number of my own speaker designs or the SLS S8R for critical, near-field work, other engineers need a reference with which they are familiar; a role for which the 1030 is just the ticket. On their own, I tend to feel they are just a touch "friendly" to the material, I'm just never quite sure that I'm getting the whole truth in the upper midrange. They do nothing offensive with the music, they just seem to take off some of the edges that I really ought to be dealing with directly before delivering my customers' product. That said, I have a pair and will keep them if only to make freelancers feel comfortable and, with the exception of a woofer surround coming unglued from the cone, they haven't given me a bit of trouble.

Submitted by BodyCount a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I`m using these speakers for few months now , combined with Audio-production PC , and I use them for monitoring my music production. I use multiple rythm machines ,and VST effects and i cant`t find not one bad thing about this speakers.....in few words : " These are last monitor speakers you`ll ever need ".

Purchased At:   AllesioVignola Shop